Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cervical Stitch removal.... What's your experience?

(5 Posts)
212smj Tue 04-Mar-14 21:47:51

Hi MN'ters!

I have a Shrodkar Suture due to incompetent cervix. Since 24 weeks I have been on bed rest as my cervical length scan showed that my cervix was completely open to the stitch but closed after it.

I am having the stitch removed at 34+3 which is a week away. I have seen lots of posts from ladies with IC who had their stitches removed and didn't go into labour straight away. But I cannot find any experiences out there from ladies who's cervix had opened to the stitch already? What I would like to know is if anyone had a cervix being held together by a stitch and what happened when it came out?

My consultant believes I will labour within 24 hours of removal as my cervix is open to the stitch, but what was your experience?

212smj Wed 05-Mar-14 11:29:05

Bump

Monkeybubbles1 Thu 06-Mar-14 01:30:21

http://www.babycenter.com/400_what-can-i-expect-on-my-cervical-cerclage-is-removed_2445505_185.bc

212smj Thu 06-Mar-14 09:51:48

Thanks for reply Monkey. What I really wanted to hear was the experiences of ladies whose cervix was already open to their stitch. Did they labour as soon as stitch was removed etc?

Anyone??

212smj Sun 09-Mar-14 21:52:04

One final bump.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now