Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

please help me

(5 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Tue 04-Mar-14 21:14:35

I am being such a baby but I just cannot tell my own mother I am pregnant with DC2!!!! I am 14 weeks tomorrow!!!!

We currently live with my mum but are in the process of renting our own place. DS1 was a complete and utter shock and surprise as I was halfway through my degree. My mum did not take the news very well at all but eventually came round. I have been trying to tell her since the scan on Thursday but I'm just so worried/scared about her reaction to the news I just haven't done it yet!!! Please talk me in to it, this is getting silly I need to tell her!

Xxx

ruth1104 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:33:33

Oh dear! I understand what you mean given bad past experience but wouldn't she be more upset if you didn't tell her? What's her relationship with your DS like? Maybe you've built it up so much that you need to find a different way of telling her than just saying it; there was a thread on here on a while ago about ways of telling people, for example buying or making a 'big brother' t-shirt for your DS or just showing her the scan picture. Good luck!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 04-Mar-14 21:40:32

I've SO been there. I was 21, just split with DP and moved home. I just couldn't bring myself to tell Mum.
When I finally did it she was shock shock shock but she was great once she got her head round it. just bite the bullet and do it. xx

LastOneDancing Wed 05-Mar-14 09:19:20

Sometimes the anticipation is the worst bit - do it quickly (like ripping off a plaster!) and have a plan of somewhere to go in case she kicks off.

She's unlikely to react differently in another weeks time, or if she spotted your bump, so I'd get it over and done with and spare myself the angst!

Fx it won't be anything like you're imagining and she'll be happy for you. Good luck.

ThefutureMrsTatum Wed 05-Mar-14 09:27:28

My mum was exactly the same with DC1, I had only just met my (now ex) husband and she hit the roof. Didnlt speak to me for months. With DC2 she grunted and didn't even say congrats, even though we had been married for 2 years at the time. I recently had DC3 (newly married) and was so scared to tell her due to previous experiences, and I was due to start uni in a couple of months and knew she'd think I'd thrown my chance away. BUT, she really surprised me, I had tears of joy and everything, couldn't get her off the phone for blubbing about how excited she was.
bite the bullet, hope it goes ok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now