Talk

Advanced search

Great deals!

(9 Posts)
Boogles91 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:39:07

Hey just wanted to let you all know to look on selling pages for all your baby things, as we have just picked up a great bargain. Got a silvercross 3d travel system for £60, and its hardly been used! Worth about £350. Its in brand new condition, we are well happy with it smile so get looking lol you never know what good deals you might find! X

rightsaidfred Tue 04-Mar-14 19:02:55

I am all for buying secondhand but please do it safely. A woman was raped near me picking up stuff she bought on a fb selling page.
I prefer mum2mum market nearly new sales as you get masses of stuff in one place and it is a public place so is safe......
I avoid ebay as I bought a pushchair that turned out to be broken and I had to go through the paypal dispute procedure as the seller refused to cooperate. Eventually they agreed to refund but not the courier fees and I had to return at my own expense....... so i was £30 down and no pushchair!! Big lesson learnt- never buy a pushchair you haven't checked before you buy!
the mum2mum sales are here..... www.mum2mummarket.co.uk

rightsaidfred Tue 04-Mar-14 19:03:26

oops- link didn't work www.mum2mummarket.co.uk

SweetPeaPods Tue 04-Mar-14 19:08:55

NCT nearly new sales and gumtree both good from experience.

rightsaidfred Tue 04-Mar-14 19:57:57

Yes- I like the NCT sales that let the sellers sell their own stuff- the ones where they sort everything and put all the bumbos together and all the baby walkers together are a nightmare....... people are really fierce and aren't shy about barging you out of the way at my local one!!!! This is my third baby - dont think i'll be buying anything new this time :-)

Mummytobe2014 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:12:59

Iv used fb to buy stuff, took my dp with me wld never go alone! I picked up some bargain clothes but nct are also very good but i missed all my local sales! angry

Boogles91 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:42:22

Woooh poor lady sad my sympathys go to her. I would never go alone anywhere. Was lucky the lady delivered our bargain to us. Got it off fb and was all safe smile i will check out those other things you mentioned, i dunno why some people spend hundreds on baby stuff when you can get great bargains sometimes. I nearly missed this one so glad i didnt though. Make sure you all buy safe please smile dont want anything unfortunate to happen xx

rightsaidfred Wed 05-Mar-14 23:29:01

There was also someone on my selling group who was robbed (by a woman) when someone came to collect something. She brought a (female) friend with her and the friend sneaked into the lounge and nicked stuff...... have to say I am astonished that people go into strangers house or let strangers roam around their house. If I did this it would be strictly on the doorstep. Maybe I just live in a crap area! Such a shame - I love a bargain :-)

Stevie77 Thu 06-Mar-14 00:05:33

Back to bargains -

Our local Aldi had today an Avent microwave steriliser for £9.99 (rrp £26) as well as a starter set of Avent classic bottles (with brush, dummy etc.) for the same price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now