Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements make me swear...

(9 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:29:43

Mothers used to warn me about how painful the movements would get towards the end and they'd mock my naivety when I brushed off their words.....but bloody hell......they weren't joking were they!!!!

Jesus!!

I actually swear out loud now at some of the movements!!
I have to stop what I'm doing, wait for the pain to pass whilst muttering expletives under my breath and then spend a few seconds gathering myself before I can carry on with my day grin

His bony legs and feet are constantly grinding against my ribs and it's just OUCH!!!

The word 'fuck' even escaped out my mouth when I was at the Vets earlier with one of my cats when baby suddenly jabbed me grin I had to apologise, very embarrassing!!!

17 days to go.......

SweetPea86 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:42:40

I'm 34 weeks and the kicking in ribs is starting to get very uncomfortable. I know it's only going to get worse. Most painful when I'm driving and signing along to music I get the worst. Maybe he's telling me to shut it!

SweetPea86 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:43:09

Singing I meant lol

Elastigrrrl Tue 04-Mar-14 15:49:59

I do this! I try and pass it off as cute and charming, e.g. "he he, this baby sure is feisty, really takes me by surprise sometimes! Right everyone? ... everyone...? [crickets]". I'm only 27 weeks!

IHaveSeenMyHat Tue 04-Mar-14 15:55:08

One of the (only) advantages of having SUCH a sticky out bump - seriously, I was more or less carrying outside my body - was I never felt feet anywhere near my ribs.

The idea of bone grinding on none made me wince!

Writerwannabe83 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:01:33

My bump also sticks out and is massive - but unfortunately so is the baby in it grin

Plateofcrumbs Tue 04-Mar-14 18:38:51

My mum never tires of reminding me that I broke one of ribs with my kicking!

Plateofcrumbs Tue 04-Mar-14 18:39:19

<her ribs> that should read!

Boogles91 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:43:13

Im looking forward to it! Want our baby to come out healthy and perfect that much im looking forward to the pain smile i must be the only mum to be to have said something like that but honestly i am smile my sciatica already plays up awful but im really loving it know that its our offspring causing it smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now