Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hi I'm new

(10 Posts)
alita7 Tue 04-Mar-14 14:54:46

Hi all,
I got my BFP on Friday after 6 months of trying smile I'm 4 weeks and 4 or 5 days. Wanted to talk to other mums to be around the same point as me smile

This will be my first baby, though I have 3 step daughters, 1 of which lives with us(had a miscarriage at 13 weeks as a teen) and I am so excited, a little shocked and a little anxious about things going wrong but feeling positive.

How long did it take you to try and what little tricks did you use? Until this month we just were going for the normal approach but this month thought we'd try ovulation tests (as I'd originally come off the pill and had some irregularity so wasn't sure) and preseed- definitely think knowing exactly when I ovulated helped and the preseed must have done something!!

What are your symptoms/ changes?

I got sore boobs at around implantation time and heartburn/ acid reflux for a few days around period due and some bloating. Oh and I forgot I got a headache a couple of times.
In the past few days I've had more sore boobs (and they're massive and hard!) awful trapped wind, I've bloated to the size of a whale (and look about 20 weeks already!), lower back ache in certain positions, I'm quite irritable at times and today I started feeling a little nauseous.

This is all a bit odd in my opinion as when I was pregnant before I had barely any symptoms until about 8 or 9 weeks, so why is it so obvious to me already? Could it be cos it's my second pregnancy, cos this pregnancy is healthier and more likely to survive and so more hormones(I'm hoping this one) or could it even be twins?

Congrats to all the other new mums to be out there smile

ChicaMomma Tue 04-Mar-14 14:58:25

Congrats!!!

Every pregnancy is different so dont compare. I am 24 weeks and still have no sympthoms really (apart from growing belly) but the baby is perfectly healthy! On my first pregnancy (which i terminated) i was as sick as a dog right up until the day of termination.

You may get symthoms around 7/8 weeks though- but here's hoping you can avoid the nausea!

I'm a big believer in Pre-Seed as well. We got the BFP on the first attempt and I think PS was a big contributor. It's hard to know though isnt it!!!

Congrats again and Happy & Healthy pregnancy to you!

alita7 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:13:18

Hi Chicamomma,

Preseed does seem to work for most people who try it who don't have other fertility issues, will be recommending it to any friends who are trying!

Do you still have the same partner? I'm wondering if this pregnancy having a different father will affect my pregnancy, but then again I've heard of people have totally different pregnancies anyway so who knows!

The other things I've been having which I forgot to mention is such a runny/ sneezy nose (without infection) and a need to go for a number 2 3 or 4 times a day now :O (sorry if tmi) and I found last night I got up about 5 times for a wee -.-and today I've weed a little more than normal.
It just seems the symptoms are starting out- they're not as bad as I know they will be, but definitely present smile

Hope you have a healthy pregnancy too smile

ChicaMomma Tue 04-Mar-14 15:36:08

No, different partner this time- i was young the first time, and really didnt love him at all, we both knew it was for the best (and it so was!!). This time I'm married to the love of my life and a part of me wonders is the sheer happiness of the whole situation (and we are also newly weds, honeymoon baby) making me feel so great in general. But as i say, every pregnancy is different, next time i might get his with all the nasties!

Now that you mention it, i've had a runny sneezy nose pretty consistently since the BFP! it's not the worst thing to have though! and like you, i've been weeing like a mad thing since the start too..
Are you taking Pregnacare or similar? make sure you really stay hydrated too, my midwife told me to drink 3 ltrs of water..

alita7 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:58:42

I'm similar- although loosing my last baby was one of the hardest things I've gone through, I'm much much happier this time knowing it's with the person I want to spend my life with and when it's been planned and everything (although not sure the family will be too pleased as I'm doing a nursing course so they don't know we've been trying, but I'm sure once I explain that there are systems in place so I can carry on with the course they'll be ok)

I am taking the asda version of pregnacare- it had more of almost all the vits/ minerals in it so thought it could actually be better.

Pregnantagain7 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:06:56

Hi congratulations!

Am 7w 5d with number four and have had different symptoms with each pregnancy.
I currently have a Spider-Man sense of smell,mild nausea and am totally exhausted! Not sure if the tiredness is so bad because I'm running round after the others I could seriously disappear under the duvet permanently!smile

alita7 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:15:32

Ooh yes tiredness... I'm not sure if this is due to pregnancy or not but i did a night shift the other day- and when I got in I slept from about 8.30-4 about 7 and a half hrs which is normal but then I went back to sleep about 9 and woke up about 11- 14hrs later!!! Thats like 21 1/2 hrs in just over 27hrs!
Other than that I have only been slightly more tired than usual.

MrsMonkeyBear Tue 04-Mar-14 16:26:25

This is dc1 for me and hubby. I'm 7+5. I found out about 10 days ago and up until then I had absolutely no symptoms, apart from massive, sore boobs and I was starving all the time. Now I'm dizzy and nauseas most of the time. Still have my appetite thought. I have headaches too and can sleep all day if I got the chance!! In about a month I have put on about 7lb (I'm a one of those skinny b*tches everyone hates) and 4 inches around my waist. Only thing I feel comfy in is jogging bottoms and pyjamas.

DH and I were only trying for 2 months. No ovulation kits even though my cycles were irregular. I'm blaming this on the depo injection, it took over a year for my periods to return and 8 months after that to get my BPF.

Congrats everyone!!!!!

alita7 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:48:29

Congrats missmonkeybear!

I'm already starting to get that slight nausea that demands you eat, even though it makes food seem unappetising and makes you stop eating mouthfuls in, but it's only mild at the moment, however, I'm finding the early symptoms quite reassuring. I just feel like I've got so many more symptoms so early this time!

Been to docs today which made it feel more real smile

For the past 15 mins or so I've had light cramping but I'm not sure if it's pelvic or gastro- as I keep having wind and gastro pain but this is in the same place as period pain so it's confusing- I'm just hoping it's either gastro or my uterus having a stretch- anyone else have/ had this and not had any problems?

Pregnantagain7 Wed 05-Mar-14 09:21:21

Hi yes that's really common it kind of feels like a cross between needing a poo, period pains and too many sit ups?!

I think it's everything starting to stretch a bit but it's totally normal if u look on the oct/no antenatal threads lots of people experiencing it.Its really hard to know what's normal or not I found it unbelievable how quickly things started to change!

Oh we'll off to slimming world having just eaten 4 pieces of toast with peanut butter! Something tells me this is not going to be a good weigh in ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now