Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

raspberry leaf capsules

(6 Posts)
K8eee Tue 04-Mar-14 14:30:15

Have been taking these for 2 or so weeks now. It says to take one capsule upto three times a day. I've been taking two in the morning with my iron tablet. does it matter that im taking both capsules at the same time? Or is it more beneficial to take them spread out?

Cariad007 Tue 04-Mar-14 17:26:29

Mine said up to six per day so I took two with every meal. Pushing stage lasted less than an hour. I've been taking two per day post-birth as well as they apparently help shrink the uterus back down to size.

K8eee Tue 04-Mar-14 17:41:13

Oh thanks cariad that's really useful to know! do you know anything about whether taking them in one hit is ok or not? may try and up my dosage I think. I have no idea if they'll work, and this is my first baby so nothing to compare it to :/

Cariad007 Tue 04-Mar-14 17:57:23

I'm sure it's fine. The jury is still out as to whether they really work anyway!

balenciaga Tue 04-Mar-14 18:02:16

oh I wondered about taking them post birth as have heard they shrink the uterus back down and as this is dc3 I will need all the help I can get

am having section (planned) so don't think there is any need for me to take them before though? or should I be?

K8eee Tue 04-Mar-14 18:06:23

The guideline is that is your having caesarean you shouldn't take them. Not sure why but that's what everything I have read has said wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now