Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please can someone help me !!

(5 Posts)
jodiesrelton123 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:36:17

Hi every one my sister found out on Saturday that she was pregnant after having bad kidney infections my mum thought it would be a good idea for her too do a test and it was positive she went to the doctors yesterday has she had no idea and the doctor reckons she is 5-6 months gone but she isn't really showing just a tiny hump and we thought it was because she had lost her job so was less active and she has still been having her periods. The doctor seemed concerned had she couldn't feel the baby's head or spine and my sister doesn't know whether she has felt any movement, she has been going out drinking and smoking over the past few months also has she had no idea. What do you think? She is waiting for a emergency scan

sebsmummy1 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:43:20

Jodie I don't think anyone can give you or your sister any answers until she gets her scan. How is your sister feeling? I imagine dazed and excited!!!! Fingers crossed the scan shows everything is as it should be and your sister can concentrate on making the rest of the pregnancy healthy xxx

KitKat1985 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:18:17

Gosh, what a shock. I'm with Sebsmummy here - until there's a scan done no-one will know how far pregnant your sister is or how healthy the baby is. Until then, try not to let her beat herself up for smoking / drinking etc, as if she didn't know she was pregnant and was still having periods then how was she to know. All she can do is try to live as healthily as she can now. I hope it all works out for her. x

squizita Tue 04-Mar-14 11:23:39

My mum had periods for the first 4 months of her PGs-didn't realise. Smoked, drank, played rough sport! She had twins (!!) and all was well.

Hope it's the same for your sis. The scan will tell.

She shouldn't feel bad, she wasn't to know.

jodiesrelton123 Tue 04-Mar-14 12:25:00

She is so excited but extremely nervous as well is it normal to get cramp in your belly while you are pregnant because after she found out she realised she had had it a few times xx and thank you everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now