Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hypnobirthing?

(6 Posts)
Mmolly2013 Tue 04-Mar-14 09:50:06

Is it worth the money. It costs about £300 for a course here for it.

I am intending on using gas and air and if so pethidine or something similar. I want to stay away from epidurals, has anyone any experience of.hynobirth and if it helped them cope with the birth.

ChicaMomma Tue 04-Mar-14 09:55:41

I'm using the CDs- from what i hear these do the same job over a longer period of time, people swear by them. I downloaded the tracks to my iphone last week and really finding them so relaxing.
I live in Dublin so it's an irish version: www.gentlebirth.ie

People who have used this system swear by it (and none of them have gone down the course route, they've found the tracks suffice) so here's hoping.

lighteningmcmama Tue 04-Mar-14 14:23:31

I did the course, best money I spent.BUT I always tell ppl they don't have to do a course, it is possible to teach yourself from the book and cd.

Roseandmabelshouse Tue 04-Mar-14 14:43:53

I would just buy the CDs/book online if you could put the money to better use.

Mmolly2013 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:07:25

That's great I think I'll get the CDs instead

lucy101 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:12:21

I like listened to the CDs every day for the last month (natal hypnotherapy as I preferred an English accent!) and I listened to it all the way through a tricky induction (had my ipod taped to my arm) and I have no doubt it made a huge difference (I wasn't in a great place after a previous stillborn). I am now having an ELCS in 4 weeks and just bought the CS version.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now