Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Symptoms before BFP?

(13 Posts)
bunny100 Tue 04-Mar-14 08:53:13

Hello,

I had some contraceptive issues a little while ago and basically need to do a test at some point to check. The past couple of days I have been feeling sea sick, and it feels identical to when I first start taking my BC pills after having a break (I sometimes wake up feeling nauseas until it builds up in my system). The smell of certain things is also making me want to puke.

I googled it (as you do) and the impression I get from most websites (BBC, pregnancy guides) etc is that this can't possibly be happening as it usually starts at week 6.

I think what I am asking is did anyone have any signs before doing a pregnancy test, or am I going mad and this is all in my head! I also can't do a text until next Thursday so am wondering if the anxiety of this is causing psychosomatic symptoms.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, these symptoms feel very real to me, and I definitely don't think I'm ill with food poisoning or something.

Thank you

curiousgeorgie Tue 04-Mar-14 09:05:37

Before my bfp I had very sore breasts and niggly pain in my abdomen.

With DD2 my C Section scar was sore too.

StarsInTheNightSky Tue 04-Mar-14 10:42:35

Before mine each time my tummy button suddenly seemed cavernously deep, much deeper than usual. Not sure why, and I know it sounds a bit weird, but that always seems to be a sign for me. I went off wine too, which is very rare for me grin.
Other than that, I just knew, if that makes sense. With this pregnancy I got a BFN, which I was shocked at as I was absolutely certain I was pregnant, turns out it was a false negative and I was actually eight weeks pregnant at the time with sky high hcg levels, so not sure what happened there! hmm

KitKat1985 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:23:37

Yes you can get symptoms before a BFP. I certainly has nausea etc nearly straight away after conception (not that I knew that was what it was at the time, I thought I had food poisoning). However when the nausea continued up to my BFP and beyond, I worked out that I had early-onset morning sickness instead. I also had an upset stomach and stomach cramps very early on.

However, early-onset morning sickness is unusual, and most people don't get it until later on in their pregnancy (like 5-6 weeks at the earliest), so the chances of your nausea being related to pregnancy are very slim.

I've been feeling queasy and had niggly feelings in my lower abdomen for about 2 weeks, test this morning showed pregnant 1-2 weeks since conception, so my symptoms must have started almost immediately after conception. This is my 4th pregnancy, but the first one where I've had symptoms this soon, so it is unusual.

AJay28 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:49:02

Really sore boobs, crampy pains like the worst period pains I had ever had and (tmi!) constipation!

alita7 Tue 04-Mar-14 14:43:24

Hi,

I was fairly sure when I took my test it would be positive. Had sore breasts from around when implantation would have been and started getting heartburn and acid reflux a couple of days before I was due- I rarely get that!

magichandles Tue 04-Mar-14 14:46:29

With DC1 I had 3 evenings of feeling really nauseous in the early evening, plus I went diving and had to come up early and was then as sick as a dog over the side of the boat when the sea couldn't have been calmer. All before 7 dpo. I tested as soon as I got back from holiday as I had my suspicions!

The odd thing was I didn't really suffer bad MS after that.

eurochick Tue 04-Mar-14 14:47:02

I had severe cramps about a week after egg collection (equivalent of ovulation) and never cramp until my period starts, so I thought that was at least an attempt at implantation. From that point I just felt "off" and I knew. After 3 years ttc I had a lot of experience of knowing what I felt like when I wasn't pregnant and this was definitely different!

akachan Tue 04-Mar-14 15:12:51

I had some cramping then got really ill with flu which would have masked any general feeling rotten.

LondonJen Tue 04-Mar-14 17:12:19

Yes, I don't know if I am just weirdly sensitive but I had very early symptoms and had to wait 5 days just to take an early response test. I thought either am pg or something very odd is happening to me!

I had huge bloated tummy and gas when I woke up one morning that never went away. I was light headed and had vertigo so I would walk down the street feeling like I was on a boat that was moving up and down. And my boobs went very round and hard. By the time I did the test I just knew.

Nausea didn't happen till a while after.

Also, it depends when you ovulate. I was using OPK and got a smiley face very early on so I knew I'd ovulated early that cycle, my bfp was then 3 weeks after my last period.

NerdyBird Tue 04-Mar-14 17:21:19

I had nausea, and generally felt crap a few days before my BFP. I thought I was just getting ill though. It came and went - a few days before I could barely eat but on BFP day I managed a three course meal at a french restaurant.

Boogles91 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:29:18

I thought i was getting poorly again as i suffer kidney probs, went docs and got told i was 6wks gone lol but when i had an early scan i was even further than that! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now