Talk

Advanced search

im a bit confused

(6 Posts)
teasleromani123 Mon 03-Mar-14 22:18:21

when I had my 28week prem baby they did some blood test to see if there was anything genetically causing me to have a prem baby... they did a few test, took blood off me and my hubby.. it was founded that my daughter has an EXTRA chromosome! same as me! and I was wondering is this extra chromosome causing me to have Miscarriages...? I am really comfused? could it or cant it...??
Any help? xx
Emma

teasleromani123 Mon 03-Mar-14 22:26:50

and if I have this extra chromosome will only the girls have it or boys aswel ?? Please help

teasleromani123 Tue 04-Mar-14 09:51:16

?? smile

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Tue 04-Mar-14 10:40:33

I think it all depends on which chromosome it is. There are many many different things which can be caused by chromosomal defects. You need to at least speak to your gp to get this investigated further.

KitKat1985 Tue 04-Mar-14 11:27:31

I think this is definitely a question you need to ask of a doctor. I don't unfortunately think many people on here are going to have the medical skills to answer this one, especially without knowing what extra chromosome you are referring to. Can you make an appointment with your GP or similar?

PenguinsEatSpinach Tue 04-Mar-14 11:30:01

Yes, even a doctor on here isn't going to have all the information they need to give you an answer I'm afraid. You need to speak to your team smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now