Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faster heart rate

(9 Posts)
inmybelly Mon 03-Mar-14 20:10:16

I'm completely knackered, lying in bed and my heart is racing. I normally have a pretty slow heart rate (approx 45-50bpm) but at the moment it's 80bpm. Is this normal in pregnancy?

Blueuggboots Mon 03-Mar-14 20:11:42

Yes. 80bpm is entirely normal for most people - yours is very slow in comparison to "normal" unless you're super fit - but your heart works harder in pregnancy as your blood volume increases.

inmybelly Mon 03-Mar-14 20:16:43

It's genetic, my brothers and mum are the same. One of my brothers is superfit and his heart rate is 40. Mental. Mine goes up massively with exercise because I'm not that fit!

Either way, 80 at rest feels fast to me. Pleased to hear its normal to speed up in pregnancy. Hopefully this means it's all systems go down there!!

gamerchick Mon 03-Mar-14 20:19:16

if you can feel your heat racing and maybe hear it pounding in your ears you may need your iron levels checked. Either that you might not be drinking enough.

ohthegoats Mon 03-Mar-14 20:20:13

That was one of my first symptoms - it was the thing that made me start wondering (even before missed period). Since then it does the same thing every so often.

inmybelly Mon 03-Mar-14 20:23:29

Wouldn't be at all surprised if I was dehydrated actually, so cheers for that suggestion gamerchick.

Really good to hear its a common symptom. Last week I was worried I couldn't feel any symptoms at all and today its fatigue and heart racing and achy legs... It's never felt better to feel like shit! smile

Blueuggboots Mon 03-Mar-14 20:42:20

There is a condition you can get called SVT (supra-ventricular tachycardia) which can make your heart beat 180+ Bpm which can occur during pregnancy. If it makes you feel unwell - dizzy, light headed, nauseous (more or different than morning sickness) then get yourself checked out. smile

Lime19 Mon 03-Mar-14 21:35:53

I posted about this the other day. Been having heart palpitations. Went to hospital to get it checked out. My resting heart rate was 103! Drs didn't seem that worried! Go to your gp if you are worried. Me stressing about it probably made it worse!

weebairn Tue 04-Mar-14 06:06:14

60-100 beats per minutes is considered normal range, and pregnancy involves a lot of changes to your blood supply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now