Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

gestational diabetes 31+2

(2 Posts)
sofpp83 Mon 03-Mar-14 19:16:56

Hi all, just wondered if anyone else had recently been diagnosed with GD. I have had type 2 in the past and was on medication. Due to a significant amount of weightloss my medication was stopped.
I was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago and have been on metformin 500mg twice daily for just umder a week. The thing is, my sugar levels have gone down from the 15 to 20 from anywhere between 5 to 12. The problem is.....I am bloody dieting! I eat fruit, salad, veg daily. Lots of iron as I'm anemic, very limited carbs, if any as these seem to send my levels upwards. my diet is definitely balanced but my sugar levels won't relays unless I eat near to nothing and burn it off directly afterwards. I'm not working at the moment due to stress but do try and do a mile walk daily and try and stay as active as possible.
Is the next step to increase my dosage of metformin or will the consultant want to put me onto insulin. I would rather increase the tablets as I don't much fancy injecting daily. I just want to be able to eat a piece of bread or a biscuit without feeling guilty because it sends my levels up! All is well with my baby, she moves regularly and a scan last week showed she is a normal size. I worry that these fluctuating levels will affect her though. Anyone with previous experience or going through the same please give me some advice! Thanks guys

sofpp83 Mon 03-Mar-14 19:18:38

That should read, regulate my sugar levels and do 3 miles walking daily!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now