Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

just a little advice please

(5 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Mon 03-Mar-14 16:21:41

So 6 weeks after DS was born I had a seizure which in turn led me to a stay in intensive care and two years on steroid tablets! I am now 13+5 with no2 and have been referred to the consultants team locally. My problems occurred due to a bleed on my pituitary gland and a drop in sodium and cortisol levels. Has anyone else had anything like this? Any advice on what the consultants might suggest/do?

Xxx

SellyMevs Mon 03-Mar-14 19:16:21

I have no experience of what you've been through, this is my first pregnancy. It's sounds like it might have been terrifying for you though.

I have medical conditions that affect the birth. I'm under the consultant where I am booked in. I had similar questions to you before I saw the consultant at 15 weeks, and a week later I feel much more relieved. I found it worrying because I had no idea what to expect. However, take comfort in the fact they have referred you so early on, they are obviously taking your history seriously. In doing that they will have a plan put in place well in advance. I'd write down a list of questions for your appointment, tell them you are feeling in the dark and they will take it from there. From my experience of working in health care, I can imagine they will monitor you throughout, and will strongly suggest that you deliver on the delivery unit rather than at home etc.

I hope it goes smoothly for you!

ithoughtofitfirst Mon 03-Mar-14 19:38:45

A friend of mine who recently had a baby had a seizure. Different cause i think but so scary.

I don't know anything about this sorry but i'm hoping someone on here will know a bit more for you.

Take it easy xxx

duzzlightyearsmum Tue 04-Mar-14 09:53:22

Thanks for the replies. My appointment letter had just arrived so I think it suddenly made it real sad I am really hopeful for no repeats of this incident but as you say hopefully they will have a plan for me and it will all go pretty smoothly!

Xxx

Bb14 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:02:07

Hi different cause (epilepsy) but I've had lots of seizures through this pregnancy. Please pm me if you want go ask any questions. I've become quite experienced!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now