Talk

Advanced search

Living in a caravan with a newborn?

(4 Posts)
Fishcake77 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:47:00

Hello, I am 24 weeks pregnant and because of starting up our own business and thinking we were unable to have children we live in a caravan with our 1 year old Boxer dog! The caravan is lovely (ok, it's fine and very cheap!) and totally adequate for our life now but I am getting a little worried about how easy it will be with a newborn - probably even worse with a crawling and toddling baby.
Does anybody else out there live in a caravan with children and how do you find it? I would love to hear from you!

woodhj Mon 03-Mar-14 16:22:37

We don't live in a caravan but do own one at Butlins and have been wondering when baby will be old enough to take to it. A baby need lots of equipment and you may struggle for space but you see plenty of programmes were couples are building there dream home and find out they are pregnant very early on. They seem to bring baby up ok in one for a few years.
I too have my own business and you do have to make allowances for it. We live in a rented bungalow which isn't much bigger than a caravan. We have two children already and are climbing over each other so throw a baby in and I bet we are shorter on space than you will be.
As long as your warm and baby is cared for properly im sure you will do fine x

Tomkat79 Mon 03-Mar-14 16:26:19

I actually think that sounds really exciting! Like anywhere you adapt to your surroundings and a newborn really doesn't need all that much. Plus when you eventually move your new space will feel amazing! Good luck x

weebairn Mon 03-Mar-14 17:52:33

I have a mate who lived on a barge with his wife and newborn. I think this rocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now