Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Body - Awkward and strange things pregnancy does to you...

(30 Posts)
CloverHeart Mon 03-Mar-14 14:10:48

Anyone else notice anything very different?

I've just hit 12 weeks with DC2 and my body is doing some bizarre things already.

I noticed this morning in the shower that I am excessively hairy confused

I'm talking hairy belly, bottom of my back, arms etc. My leg hair is also growing at double its normal rate.

Add that to the odd patch of scaly and very itchy skin on the back of my shin and I feel like I am morphing into some sort of lagoon creature hmm

RedCountryRoads Mon 03-Mar-14 14:12:47

Nose bleeds, never suffered before. Same as you Clover, random dry skin and hairy belly.

TheOnlySeven Mon 03-Mar-14 14:23:38

I developed a heart murmur when I was pregnant with DC2. I'd previously had an ECG so know it definitely wasn't there before, and it had gone by the time I had my 6 week check.

I think afterwards is worse tbh, excessive sweating and hair falling out, nice!

Pregnantagain7 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:46:07

When I was pregnant with son I got a really hairy chin! Long random hairs would just sprout out of nowhere! Apparently excess hair is a sign of a boy! It's probably a load of rubbish but I must admit I didn't have strange hairy bits when pregnant with my girls

ChicaMomma Mon 03-Mar-14 14:55:00

i've actually been losing hair (body and head) and i'm carrying a boy!

i wake up every morning with bloody lips..
and the dreams during the nite- dont even start me! crazy!

Seff Mon 03-Mar-14 15:05:00

yy to crazy dreams!

I become sensitive to bubble bath in pregnancy, gives me a rash, particularly radox.

Slippydippysoap Mon 03-Mar-14 15:15:18

Last time I only had a delightful pregnancy glow.

This time I'm only 11 weeks and I already have insomnia and crazy dreams, nose bleeds, sores under my nose from the nose bleeds, sensitivity to cosmetics so delightful face rashes, d&v all day and flaky nails. It's lush grin

squizita Mon 03-Mar-14 15:46:16

I have nose hair. FFS.

CleverWittyUsername Mon 03-Mar-14 15:46:18

Insomnia in between deep feeling-like-a-year naps, mad dreams, horny dreams, dry skin everywhere especially my legs, nosebleeds, hair growing fast, really long and strong nails, and of course the usual nausea and swollen boobage.

CloverHeart Mon 03-Mar-14 16:15:21

What is it with the hair? Loss AND gain. The least it coould do is just grow faster on my head and fall out everywhere else.

Oh god and the dreams! Just bizarre confused

SellyMevs Mon 03-Mar-14 16:27:17

I've had scaly skin on my legs, and allergic reactions to lovely organic face creams I've been using for ages! The dreams are insane. I can smell things no one else can.

Oh and I've become incredibly irrational :-)

Tomkat79 Mon 03-Mar-14 16:28:57

I have a girl on the way and think I've shaved my legs maybe twice in last 31 weeks. The hairs there just aren't growing. Bit further up tho and it's a different story...I think. I can't see it anymore!

PenguinsEatSpinach Mon 03-Mar-14 16:44:47

Really annoying dry skin.

Nosebleeds, that one's glamorous.

The ability to collapse into floods and floods of overwhelmed and hopeless tears over the most trivial shit imaginable. I had to take myself off to a corner the other day because the DD's were messing about with their tea hmm

scrufhead Mon 03-Mar-14 19:48:52

i have little hairs sprouting up on my belly!! my hair is growing so fast & ive never seen my nails in better condition... especially the ones of my feet smile no stretch marks on my stomach but my legs are blathered in them sadsad

imisssleepandwine Mon 03-Mar-14 21:44:34

So the normal, standard stuff sickness, tiredness, cramps, constipation, mad crazy dreams (a gorilla attacked me in a recent one) this time I have few more to add to the list.
Hair on my nipples (nasty)
Temporary blindness in one eye only lasted a day but totally frecked me out.
Really itchy skin on belly and hands?
Farting, there have been times when I sounded like a walking trumpet
stretch marks on my legs.
Oh and one of my favourites shape pain in backside.
The Joys!!

Seff Tue 04-Mar-14 08:35:06

There's something quite sadistic about increasing the frequency of MW appointments towards the end of pregnancy, and making you try to get a urine sample each time.

MrsMonkeyBear Tue 04-Mar-14 09:43:44

Dizziness, nausea, constant hunger, rapidly increasing boob size, boiling hot, aches, cramps, headaches, crazy ass dreams/nightmares, cravings, itching, gas....need I go on!!!!

Mmolly2013 Tue 04-Mar-14 09:52:49

I take a sip of water and burp for ages after.

Also hairy nips yuck they are driving me insane. Been plucking like a chicken.

livingzuid Tue 04-Mar-14 10:14:39

I have never known tired like this. Bone crushing tired exhausted. Because even when I sleep it isn't good sleep. Because my legs feel permanently agitated.

Breathless. I had to do a job interview yesterday gasping like a fish on land, it was awful.

And I dyed my hair the other week and it went super red which never happens normally!

Love feeling my baby move though smile

ch1a Tue 04-Mar-14 16:01:34

Wait for it.....swollen labia and those annoying little mouth ulcers you get on your tongue. Urgh!

GingerScouse Tue 04-Mar-14 19:05:35

The ludicrous amount of cervical mucus. Why??!!

inappropriate dreams, leg cramps (why did no one warn me?), headaches that only go away when you vom.

livingzuid Tue 04-Mar-14 19:57:50

The cm oh yes. No one tells you about that. And I am so whiffy under arms and down there blush

SweetPea86 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:58:12

Hairy side burns and hairy tummy. I feel like a yeti!

Hairy belly and itchy boobs for me! I got itchy legs/ankles at the beginning but that seems to have gone away now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now