Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diarrhoea and morning sickness - help

(5 Posts)
Dizzydaisylou Mon 03-Mar-14 13:59:35

I'm 5 weeks pregnant today and for the last week I have had some diarrhoea in the morning. It's got worse today and I've had diarrhoea every half hour or so and also had my first morning sickness. Sorry for tmi but diarrhoea is just watery/bile.

Just wondered if this was a common preg symptoms and any ideas how to manage it?Not been able to go into work today cos I'm scared to be away from the loo!

TIA

Mogz Mon 03-Mar-14 14:31:39

Most important thing is to keep your fluids up, small sips of water/sweet tea/fizzy drink, whatever you can keep down. If it keeps up for a few days see your gp as you may need more help staying hydrated.
Try to rest as much as possible, it is rotten but it will pass. Congrats on your pregnancy.

Stockhausen Mon 03-Mar-14 14:35:33

I wasn't sick once, but did have diahorea.

Agree it should pass, keep up your fluids, sip lucozade if its all you can manage.

Speak to mw if it continues though

LittleMachine Mon 03-Mar-14 14:55:43

I had it this time, unexpectedly because I was so miserably constipated last time!
I couldn't really do anything to manage it, but it only lasted about 2-3 weeks I think.

CleverWittyUsername Mon 03-Mar-14 15:48:02

I had this last weekend, but it was the start of a D+V virus both me and the husband had. The advice is always just plenty of rest and plenty of fluids. Can you call the GP for advice? They may be able to give you something that is safe to take. Or my mum's advice would be plenty of boied eggs to 'bung you up'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now