Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What do I want and need to say to the consultant today?

(3 Posts)
williwonti Mon 03-Mar-14 11:50:51

Have last consultant app today (but no scan) to decide what's goign to happen with my second child. First was 10lb and this is looking just as big, if not bigger. I have a feeling she will say there's no reason why I can't go the 12 days over but I don't think I want that. I'm worried baby will be too big to get out well and also it was back to back last time they checked. Can I ask to be induced early? Say at 41 weeks? Do I have a choice?

peeapod Mon 03-Mar-14 12:25:11

i would say you do and that ultimately its a negotiation between you and the consultant. Explain your previous experience and be clear on your reasoning.

If they come up with equal reason why not then listen and respond. If they cant find a reason why then they "should" listen to you...

Highlystrungmum Mon 03-Mar-14 12:25:29

My first baby was 9lb 6 1/2 I had fourth degree tear so slightly different but I had dating scan that showed baby was another biggy. I thought they would induce me early but they said it could cause more complications than its worth!! The midwife said they would try & bring labour on with sweeps & that would be all they could do:-(
They have recommended a c section which I am having next week (not 100%) sure about it but I am willing to go with the professionals who have recommemded it for a reason.
It took me a while to get my head around all this. Hope you get the result you want x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now