Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faint line? is it even a line?? what does it mean?

(5 Posts)
ElleOhElle Mon 03-Mar-14 08:09:19

33 days since last AF - I've done a few tests now but only getting the most faintest of faint lines ( I'm not even sure I'm not imagining it). Thinking of buying a more expensive test?
If it is a line - does the fact that it's very faint mean anything about the pregnancy?? With DC1 I had severe implantation cramps, boobs got bigger straight away and the line was so clear it almost jumped off the test in a few seconds ( and I tested 4 days early) .
Does a faint line mean anything compared to a strong line - does it mean the pregnancy isn't as stable? Am I worrying about nothing??

MyMILisfromHELL Mon 03-Mar-14 08:14:28

I got a very faint line with pound shop test strip the day before af was due. Next day I bought an expensive test from Boots & the test line was very dark. I was like 'F-U-C-K!' I had different symptoms with dc1 & dc2.

Congrats!

TheOnlySeven Mon 03-Mar-14 09:05:20

Supermarket tests are just as good as the more expensive ones. My line was really faint but definitely there. At my dating scan it turned out my dates were way out, thought I was 12 weeks but actually only 10. I must have just ovulated really late that month , it explains why mine was so faint though. And as they say a line is a line, congratulations .

moobaloo Mon 03-Mar-14 10:30:37

Mine was faint but there, 29 weeks now! I tested the next day with a clear blue just to see the word 'pregnant' and it was there

Faint doesn't mean the pregnancy is less stable or anything bad. Re test in a couple of days and see if you get a darker line if it makes you feel more secure, then gets yourself to the midwife to book in!

Congratulations!

ElleOhElle Mon 03-Mar-14 11:54:56

thank you - I gave into clearblue digital and got a BFP grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now