Talk

Advanced search

Am I in early labour? Help!!!

(6 Posts)
Firsttimemumtobe12 Mon 03-Mar-14 01:32:53

I'm 41+4 weeks pregnant I lost mucus plug at 4ish and started with contractions about 4.30ish. Started off 10-12 mins apart and gradually got to 6-7 mins apart at around 10ish and then stopped for an hour and then had two random contractions since then. Just lost a load more of mucus plug and starting feeling a lot of pressure down there, contractions haven't started again though.
Even when my contractions where 6-7 mins apart they were still bareable pain wise which is making me wonder if that's normal especially as they stopped. Anyone experienced similar?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 03-Mar-14 01:54:36

I think anything goes really, but given you are 41 weeks + I guess it's highly likely. smile
It can take a while for labour to really get going, try and get some rest while you can. Good luck. smile x

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 03-Mar-14 01:55:38

And remember, the first thing the midwife will recommend for pain is paracetamol. Make sure you have some to hand.

moobaloo Mon 03-Mar-14 10:32:40

It's probably the start! Ring midwife, let her know, good luck and congratulations!

Stockhausen Mon 03-Mar-14 10:34:48

Id ring your mw, so if things do progress then they will expect you. Get out for a walk if you can, paracetamol & a bath will help with early pains, do you have a tens machine?

Gopd luck!

LST Mon 03-Mar-14 10:45:22

How is it going Op? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now