Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm pregnant!

(15 Posts)
Youandme12 Sun 02-Mar-14 23:14:19

Hello everyone, just here for a bit of reassurance really. I did a test on Tuesday night and got a faint positive, then I did another one in the morning which was still faint but a bit darker (if you get me?) I went to the doctors on Friday, it took a few mins for the line to come up but it was there and it's faint (but this wasn't first urine of the day) the nurse said that I'm in the early stages, so I'm about 3-4 weeks. I'm just worried that the line is so faint, is it normal?! I'm scared that it won't get darker sad I think I'm just worrying myself to be honest but I can't help thinking About it. The nurse wants me to drop some morning urine off so they can test again, I don't know why though because she said I was pregnant. I'm just stressing out and thinking the worst! Some reassurance would be nice!x

Northernlurker Sun 02-Mar-14 23:15:26

How late is your period?

Youandme12 Sun 02-Mar-14 23:16:53

Not even a week yet I think

Northernlurker Sun 02-Mar-14 23:23:21

Then that is why the lines are faint. You've tested really early. Tests ARE sensitive enough to detect pregnancy -which is what you've seen (congratulations) but you won't get really strong lines for a few more days. I tested at 1 week late every time and got clear results. Try and relax a bit. You have a positive result and nothing and nobody can tell you what will happen next but the chances are good you'll have a baby in your arms by Christmas smile

Youandme12 Sun 02-Mar-14 23:29:13

Thank you. Just needed that little reassurance, think I need to chill out a little bit to be honest smile

Northernlurker Sun 02-Mar-14 23:33:53

smile

Pinkandwhite Sun 02-Mar-14 23:37:12

Congratulations! The lines are faint to start with and it does depend how concentrated your urine is.

chattychattyboomba Sun 02-Mar-14 23:43:02

I tested 3 times and very very faint lines- but now 27 weeks pregnant :-) congratulations!

Mrswellyboot Sun 02-Mar-14 23:44:40

Congratulations. It's hard not to worry but try and rest and best of luck tomorrow.

sandgrown Sun 02-Mar-14 23:56:44

Congratulations x

Youandme12 Sun 02-Mar-14 23:59:36

Thank you everyone smile x

Sometimesbrunette Mon 03-Mar-14 00:17:52

I'm 7 weeks on Tuesday. A line is a line. Mine started off faint and now they are very there. Congrats xx

Lottiedoubtie Mon 03-Mar-14 00:21:41

Don't forget that darkness (or not) of the test can also relate to the quality of the batch. So a dark line doesn't nec. Mean anything better than a faint line.

I know it's hard (I tested 5 times in the first week), but try and stop testing! Once you've got the BFP the test can't be relied upon to tell you anything else useful.

Lottiedoubtie Mon 03-Mar-14 00:22:04

Oh and congratulations obviously! flowers

Youandme12 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:04:42

Thanks smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now