Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this funny feeling space what I think it is?!

(5 Posts)
Tomkat79 Sun 02-Mar-14 13:03:00

So last night I stood touching my 31 week bump as you do and noticed that under my belly button felt a but tender. Pushed a bit harder and really tender. Seem to have 'muscle' to the left and right and then this 1 inch space in the middle below my button.

Have i damaged my stomach muscles? I've never actually seen them before but what else could it be? Surely some separation is normal but anyone know how much? Now I can't stop touching the 'space'!

I must admit i haven't been great at log rolling over the months and have over strained my tummy at times. Oops.

SpottyTeacakes Sun 02-Mar-14 13:05:29

Separating stomach muscles is really common in pregnancy. Mine took ages to go back after I had ds. It really grossed me out!

DinoSnores Sun 02-Mar-14 13:06:04

This leaflet explains things. It is very normal.

www.wwl.nhs.uk/Library/All_New_PI_Docs/Audio_Leaflets/Obstetrics/Pragnancy_Abdominal_Diastasis/Pregnancy_Related_ABdominal_Diastasis.pdf

SpottyTeacakes Sun 02-Mar-14 13:06:09

Oh I don't know how much is normal mine was more than an inch though

Tomkat79 Sun 02-Mar-14 13:18:12

It's grossing me out too! Bleurgh.

Thanks for the link and advice. Now all I need to do is stop poking it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now