Talk

Advanced search

Borderline personality disorder and pregnancy

(4 Posts)
QueenFaerie86 Sun 02-Mar-14 10:43:04

I got a BFP on Friday which makes me 4.3 weeks. I am over the moon excited as I was told that after my first dc (10years ago) that I would have trouble naturally conceiving.
I am now in panic mode as I have bpd and my dh gets thrown out atleast once every couple of months for around 2 weeks at a time. We constantly clash and days before I got the positive result I was thinking about leaving him as I am sick of the arguing, he sets my bpd reactions off more then anyone I have ever known as he has strong narcissistic traits.
I'm not entirely sure how I am going to stop myself going bat shit crazy with added hormones and stress!
I want this baby very very much, but I'm not sure I want my dh sad ....then I wonder if that's my hormones talking? I never know my own mind because when it comes to
Dh it's a constant roller coaster...up and down! More down....

peeapod Sun 02-Mar-14 11:13:39

what real life support do you have? I feel this is one for the real life support of the perinatal mental health team perhaps? you can get a referal through your gp or midwife, or cmht if thats where your support lies?

I would hope (and I kow its not always possible) you have some sort of mh support in place?

SaucyJack Sun 02-Mar-14 11:17:23

I have BPD, and I've never once thrown my DP out- pregnant or not.

Perhaps you just don't like him?

livingzuid Sun 02-Mar-14 15:43:29

Have you spoken to your psychologicst about it? Are you currently in therapy? I have both bipolar and bpd and would never want to be without dh. You should be getting support somewhere from a mental health professional during your pregnancy so speak to your gp.

Perhaps your relationship just doesn't work thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now