Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm 14kg up at 33 weeks

(10 Posts)
Tea1Sugar Sun 02-Mar-14 08:08:54

This is too much isn't it? I weighed myself this morning and am 10.5st which, for me, is a lot. Various websites say from now until the end it's a 1lb on a week. I'm heading for 3+ stone aren't I? :-(

cathpip Sun 02-Mar-14 08:15:19

Some women put on very little others put on loads, like me smile. I am 35 weeks and have put on 27 kg so far, this is baby no3 and I do average around 30kg with each baby. It does come off so don't worry too much!

PicardyThird Sun 02-Mar-14 08:18:17

I put on 16kg with my first baby (from a starting weight of 49 - I am short so not as bad as it sounds), lost about 10 or 12 of it afterwards, then with my second only put on 8 and afterwards lost that and all but a couple of kilos of the gain from no. 1. I did it withoug particular diet/fitness programme (was tandem feeding and walking loads, as I always do, but that was it). I don't think it's too much necessarily, unless your MW or dr has said something - it varies a lot.

Writerwannabe83 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:16:19

I'm 36 weeks and have put on 2st and 11lbs so far.

I was only 8st 10 prior to pregnancy so being 11st 5lbs is a big shock to my system smile

Thankfully all my weight gain is on my boobs and bump so I'm not too fussed - I'm sure it will drop off again.

Most women put on at least 3 stone I think so I'm just accepting that - why fight it?! smile

likeneverbefore Sun 02-Mar-14 09:17:19

Mine all went on in the middle trimester then hardly anything in the last with both of mine so you may well slow down now.

(I had mahoosive babies too so don't worry if it slows down grin )

Tea1Sugar Sun 02-Mar-14 10:12:33

I was 8st 5lbs to begin with so to be 10st 7lbs is a huge shock. I hate it!

BartBaby Sun 02-Mar-14 10:16:53

Im 35 weeks tomorrow and have put on 20kg since i was weight at booking in, which I'm not very happy with either. I'm hooing i dont put too much on in the last few weeks but i think its just wishful thinking! I have no idea what i put on with my first but I'm sure it was probably about the same. Must do better at loosing it quicker this time though......

Imnotsurehowtogetthisout Sun 02-Mar-14 13:05:21

I have been using this website as a guide:

www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

I'm scraping in at the upper end of the recommended gain for 35 weeks but I am exercising less now so not sure if I will stay on course.

Twoprincessesistwiceasnice Sun 02-Mar-14 13:13:13

Hiya
With my first pregnancy I gained 4stone!! Before being pregnant I weighed 7stone 5lbs and was a size 8. Almost 5 years on im pregnant again and am 20 weeks and haven't gained any weight at all!! So I think it just depends, although my starting weight was 9stone 6lbs and a size 10-12 so quite a bit heavier then what I was before my last pregnancy. I wouldn't get to hung up on it, as long as ur eating sensibly and plenty of fruit and veg then i wouldn't worry all that much smile

CbeebiesIsMyLife Sun 02-Mar-14 13:28:09

Step away from the scales. Seriously take out the batteries and put them away until baby is at least 3-6 months old!!

Some women put on a lot of weight in pregnancy, it's just what happens. With my first my diet was rubbish, I could barely keep anything down so are what I could and put on 3+ stone. With my second I was very healthy, ate well and still put on 3+ stone. With this pregnancy I'm headed the same way!

Don't worry about weight right now, worry about keeping baby healthy ad alive, the rest you can deal with after (fwiw with both previous pregnancies all the weight was lost by 12 months, it was fairly easy)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now