Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where can i buy matching clothes for newborn and 4-5?

(78 Posts)
Twoprincessesistwiceasnice Sat 01-Mar-14 23:35:01

I have a 4 year old dd and am pregnant with my dd2, is there anywhere I can get matching clothes??
Thanks smile

SirChenjin Sat 01-Mar-14 23:36:10

You want to put your newborn baby in the same clothes as a 5 year old? confused

5madthings Sat 01-Mar-14 23:36:12

Pop will do clothes that match in those sizes.

CersaiLannisterBaratheon Sat 01-Mar-14 23:38:38

Why not find somewhere that will get matching clothes for the 5yo, newborn and you!

That'll be nice.

Tea1Sugar Sat 01-Mar-14 23:50:16

Don't. Just don't.

Pregnantberry Sat 01-Mar-14 23:52:19

Maybe it's a photo session or a new big sister present? Sheesh.

Give boots a try OP. smile

Twoprincessesistwiceasnice Sun 02-Mar-14 00:25:55

I wanted to have a few outfits the same, there is no need to be so judgemental, if you don't know/don't agree then don't comment. There are plenty of things I see on here that I personally don't agree with, but it doesn't mean im always right, so I wouldn't comment. Im trying to get my older daughter to bond with the baby as she is autistic and wanted to take her out with me and buy some outfits for her and her new baby sister. Wish I hadn't bothered asking now, but thank you for those who actually answered my question.

Cluelessat30 Sun 02-Mar-14 00:38:08

Try next, I did the same for my daughters when my eldest asked me. I think its nice! They just have a couple of tops that match.
FWIW when they're older matching tops are great for day trips out as they'll be easier to spot, not just for you, for them to spot each other.

sneakyday Sun 02-Mar-14 00:44:14

Ohh I agree, I just agree with TEA

Twoprincessesistwiceasnice Sun 02-Mar-14 00:46:22

Thanks clueless im not going to dress them the same all the time, as they will both have there own little personalities, but wanted to get them matching for the first time they meet each other and every now and again, even if its a little top or something. That's a good idea about when they are older and going out, something matching, bright and colourful smile

Nocomet Sun 02-Mar-14 01:00:51

Matching is really difficult, but Next do very cute baby clothes and equally cute small girls clothes in similar colours with loads of cute animals Nearest to a match are baby grows and a big girls summer dress with lady birds.

Next shops and certainly the Next catalogue tend to be the nicest for DDs to use, Shops have a reasonable amount of stock out in plenty of sizes and the catolouge pictures arent horiblr stark M&S ones.

Non of our local M&Ss have big enough children's departments to get a nice baby and a nice small DD outfit at the same time.

I believe Mothercare quality is still awful, but its a long time since I had DDs that small.

Nocomet Sun 02-Mar-14 01:01:59

Sorry, DD2 and her sleepover DF appeared for drinks

AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 02-Mar-14 06:59:26

OP ignore those who are being judgy and unhelpful, no need for them to post if they can't be constructive.
Next and Marks and Spencers tend to do the same tops in lots of different sizes so you could get 0-3 months and 5 years in the same design hopefully.
I have experience with autistic youngsters in the family and their mum put matching t shirts on them the first time they met, helped the autistic child to identify their sibling as "a member of their family" as they had the same clothes on.
You do whatever works and feels right for you and your children. Congrats on your pregnancy flowers

Mumof3xx Sun 02-Mar-14 07:02:49

Next do stuff as small as 3 months and upto 5 years

Mumof3xx Sun 02-Mar-14 07:04:05

For what it's worth I think it's a lovely idea for your dd

stripes1 Sun 02-Mar-14 07:05:39

I think some stuff at jojomamanbebe might.

Bluemonkeyspots Sun 02-Mar-14 07:05:43

I love dressing mine the same from time to time, don't care what others think as I know they are the cutest children ever and everyone loves seeing the hundreds of pictures I put on Facebook of them grinwink

Next do a lot of comfy cosy things that I match my baby and 2yo in but that range starts from 3 month (up to 5/6 years I think) the newborn range only goes upto about 18 months so you may not get exact matches till the baby is a few months old.

Next seem to use the same ideas and colours across their whole range though so sure you will find something similar

Mumof3xx Sun 02-Mar-14 07:06:52

Oh dear

This thread has prompted me to look at next site and now I want to buy things!

DomesticGoddess31 Sun 02-Mar-14 07:49:03

I bought a Dr Seuss thing 1 and 2 babygro and long sleeved t shirt for my 3yo and impending new arrival a while ago from Zulily. I think its a cute thing to do. Don't listen to the nay sayers!

bruffin Sun 02-Mar-14 07:56:15

La redoute and Verbaudet were good for matching clothes. I once hot a shirt for ds and a dress for dd that matched

BikeRunSki Sun 02-Mar-14 07:58:00

Bob and Blossom for children's tops/ baby tops/ rompers in the same fabrics

Twoprincessesistwiceasnice Sun 02-Mar-14 09:57:15

Aww thanks everyone for all your helpful comments smile am going to spend the day having a good look and picking out some cute and comfy little pieces. My dd1 although almost 5 is only tiny and in 3-4 so im hoping it might be a bit easier, just thought it would help my dd1 be involved with the baby and realise that shes got a little sister. I have no idea how she is going to react to the baby so just trying everything to think of ways to help her accept/bond with her, its very stressful!

KatAndKit Sun 02-Mar-14 10:02:34

How about big sister/little sister tops? Doesn't matter if they aren't from exact same range, two pink tops one that says big sister and a top or a onesie that says baby sister might be the sort of thing your daughter would like, and help to reinforce the family relationship.

CersaiLannisterBaratheon Sun 02-Mar-14 10:02:49

When you say 'put them in the same outfit when they first meet', are you being serious?

What are you planning this to be? A brand new baby in proper clothing, or a 5yo in a babygro?

Cringechilli Sun 02-Mar-14 10:11:43

I'm sure your dd1 will love matching stuff.

I think Baby Gap go up to age 5 from newborn. But I think when the baby is so little, it might be quite hard to find matching stuff. When they are 2 and 7, it would far easier because most places have "baby clothes" up to about 24 months and them "children's clothes" after that. So you really need them both in children's clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now