Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

itchy bump!

(8 Posts)
K8eee Sat 01-Mar-14 21:31:38

cor!!!!! I can't explain how itchy my bump is sad I know it's because the skin is stretching but my god, I really don't know what to do with myself sometimes. I'm whacking a load of bio oil or the beautifying oil that body shop do all over it, but either if I go for a wee and move where my knickers are, all I need to do is scratch it sad I'm trying so hard not to scratch it too hard but it feels so nice!!! anyone got some good remedies? also, is it worth mentioning to my mw?

chattychattyboomba Sat 01-Mar-14 21:35:55

Sorry no advice but just wanted to say, I'm in the same boat! Second pregnancy 27 weeks and I am sooooooooooo itchy! You would think this time the skin would know what to do! Might be worth a mention but they'll probably just say 'moisturise it' sigh

Mummyk1982 Sat 01-Mar-14 22:17:05

I'm the same, greatly relieved when no close fitting fabric touching it (like big knickers!!!)

babynugget Sun 02-Mar-14 01:34:04

Hiya. Not been at the stage you are at so can't empathise but have read about elemis Japanese camellia oil. Meant to work wonders for itchy bumps and amazing at preventing stretch marks. Pricey but may be worth a try. I've just got my bfp but have ordered two bottles from qvc based on the reviews I've read. Hope you find a solution soon! X

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 02-Mar-14 05:52:42

Don't want to scare anyone but I was in hospital with a last who had this www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/itching-obstetric-cholestasis-pregnant.aspx#close so might be worth checking with midwife although I'm sure it's not

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 02-Mar-14 05:52:58

Lady not last

K8eee Sun 02-Mar-14 08:44:41

Thanks wishful. I have read up on that and will definitely mention it to my mw on Tuesday. Unfortunately I have stretch marks sad and the scratching has made it worse.

MielPop Sun 02-Mar-14 12:28:49

Your midwife might take a blood sample to check for obstetric cholestatsis but really it is unlikely to be that as the itching is often on the palms of the hands and feet. The tummy itch is most likely the skin stretching, which really freaks me out as I am dreading stretch marks! If you are 'lucky' to be lazying around the house most of the time like myself, try and lotion the pump every chance you get! I try to do it about every other time that I visit the toilet. It really helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now