Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any transverse or Unstable lies around?

(14 Posts)
quietlysuggests Sat 01-Mar-14 20:23:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gualsa Sat 01-Mar-14 22:00:15

Oh dear. Sounds awful. My sister in law had a breach baby who decided to finally turn on the way down to theatre for her c section so it was cancelled!

I have placenta previa so my little dude is laying sideways which makes me look huge and it's really uncomfortable.I sometimes can't get comfy in any position.

quietlysuggests Sat 01-Mar-14 22:04:07

Sillylass79 Sat 01-Mar-14 22:23:24

Sillylass79 Sat 01-Mar-14 22:27:04

gualsa Sat 01-Mar-14 22:27:15

I don't really know. I can't give birth naturally because the placenta is in the way so best case scenario it will be a planned c section at 38 weeks. However, if I start having bleeds they may put me on bed rest or admit me weeks before that.

And if I go into labour they may whip him out early.

Why do you have to go in early?

nooka Sat 01-Mar-14 22:33:37

My ds had a transverse/oblique lie, but it wasn't picked up until my waters had broken, and only after I was scanned (before that everyone thought his bum was his head). I do recall that I was quite uncomfortable in the last few weeks and at one point my whole tummy changed shape as he moved. My waters broke early so he arrived 10 days early (and a bit squashed despite the c-section I got half an hour after the scan).

I hope it all goes well for you. My ds is almost 15 now!

quietlysuggests Sat 01-Mar-14 23:15:25

Boogles91 Sun 02-Mar-14 00:07:37

Whats a tranveres or unstable lie? If you guys dont mind me asking im a first time mumy to be and just reading on all sorts smile not scaring myself though...

nooka Sun 02-Mar-14 04:35:09

Unstable means the baby is moving around, transverse means it's lying across you instead of head or bum down. It's only an issue close to birth when the baby generally settles into one position, ideally head down and ready to come out. Bum down is breach, and an ordinary birth can be manageable with skill (not that common any more though), transverse is basically a bit stuck and needs a c-section to come out.

Inglori0us Sun 02-Mar-14 10:39:53

Mine is fidgeting between breech and transverse. Uncomfortable. He's also HUGE. I'm 33 weeks so still time to turn but the growth scan says over 100th centile now and I'm measuring 39 weeks.

MielPop Sun 02-Mar-14 12:10:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

quietlysuggests Sun 02-Mar-14 15:19:01

gualsa Sun 02-Mar-14 22:12:10

I have heard you not allowed to sleep on your back during 3rd trimester because the weight of your baby can sever or damage the section where the artery splits to go down your leg. Which is the biggest cause of internal bleeding in car crashes. Its quite a vulnerable spot.

I feel totally breathless on my back. I know what you mean though by laying on the baby. I am worried I might hurt his little feet when I am on my left hand side!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now