Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't stop scratching!!!!

(12 Posts)
MrsMonkeyBear Sat 01-Mar-14 19:57:35

I'm 7 weeks and have the worlds itchiest boobs, back and legs. I've been wearing loose clothing and not changed anything I use, washing powder, shower gel etc. anyone got any ideas??? Don't want to have to phone my GP, the receptionists at the surgery are like angry Yorkshire terriers.

sarahquilt Sat 01-Mar-14 20:09:13

Hi I had incredibly itchy legs in the first trimester and now at 29 weeks they've come back! I find aftersun is good because it's soothing but nothing gets rid of it completelysad

sarahquilt Sat 01-Mar-14 20:09:52

I think it's to do with hormones.

MrsMonkeyBear Sat 01-Mar-14 20:16:01

Thanks for the response. I am currently wrapped in the duvet, actually sitting on it so I can't scratch my legs. It's only in the evenings which is even more odd. X x x

cathpip Sat 01-Mar-14 20:22:25

Your friend is aloe Vera gel and lots of it smile. I suffer from general pregnancy itching, it's rather bad in the first tri, calms down in the 2nd and then comes back again in the third. Do mention the itching to your midwife as there is a condition that affects the liver where itching is a big symptom.

sarahquilt Sat 01-Mar-14 20:43:48

I know how you feel Mrs Monkeybear, I was nearly crying with the itchiness yesterday.

ChaffinchOfDoom Sat 01-Mar-14 20:45:24

itchiness can be obstetric choleostasis non?

ChaffinchOfDoom Sat 01-Mar-14 20:46:37

here

ChaffinchOfDoom Sat 01-Mar-14 20:47:55

it's mostly last trimester, according to that

Beegey Sat 01-Mar-14 21:14:56

Look up PUPPs. Usually starts towards the end of pg though

MrsMonkeyBear Sun 02-Mar-14 05:30:16

I thought of that Chaffinch but from what I understand it's just my hormones. From what I remember my sister said she was like this during her first trimester. I ended up in the bath at 3am to try and ease it. X x x

Kels13 Sun 02-Mar-14 08:29:45

I had this with my legs weeks 4-6. Just stopped after that so if can sit it out it should ease!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now