Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crippling heart burn and indigestion.

(13 Posts)
SweetPea86 Sat 01-Mar-14 19:32:49

Helppppppp me! I'm 34 weeks and it's stepped up the last week, I even get it just drinking bloody water,

I can't get in to docs still Monday now, is there any thing I can buy over the counter without a prescription other than gaviscon. I've tried the tablets which are a bit better than the liquid med. nothing's helping now. I've felt ill all day. I don't care how much it's costs Monday seems like stuff a while away.

The only way to describe it is like a fireball in my chest.

Tea1Sugar Sat 01-Mar-14 19:34:37

You can buy Zantac over the counter which is a brand name for ranitidine which the GP could also prescribe x

ilovepowerhoop Sat 01-Mar-14 19:37:13

www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/indigestion-heartburn-pregnant.aspx#close

elliebe13 Sat 01-Mar-14 19:38:35

I used to eat lovehearts sweets or refreshers - the bicarb of soda in them helps! I really feel for you I had terrible heartburn, I even told my husband early labour contractions weren't as bad as the heartburn in pregnancy!

SweetPea86 Sat 01-Mar-14 20:27:45

Thanks ladies will try any thing, I'd drink muddy water from a puddle if it worked, sad

firsttimemama Sat 01-Mar-14 20:30:04

gaviscon double action

SweetPea86 Sat 01-Mar-14 21:07:11

My lovely hubby has just gone out to try and get me every thing wrote on this page lol they have a pharmacy open till 10 so fingers crossed summit works sad

greentshirt Sat 01-Mar-14 21:20:02

Very bad heartburn late in third trimester can be a symptom of pre eclampsia so if whatever you get doesn't help it's worth getting checked out

SweetPea86 Sat 01-Mar-14 21:50:22

Omg I did not no this. If it could be a sign what else should I look out for my midwfie app the other day my blood pressure was fine, I've had no swelling and no headaches.

McBaby Sat 01-Mar-14 21:55:28

Mucogel it's amazing stuff

SweetPea86 Sat 01-Mar-14 21:59:02

Hubby got my some of that Zantac which one lady suggested, the lady at the counter said just don't take more than exceeded dose. I've took one lets see if it helps smile

MistyB Sat 01-Mar-14 22:05:24

Different triggers for different people but I couldn't eat dairy, sugar, crisps. Milk made it temporarily better but hurt a lot later. Try rice, vegetables and fruit for a day and see if that helps. Then introduce things one at a time.

jellybelly18 Sat 01-Mar-14 22:13:18

Try eating melon. bit random but my midwife told me and I tried it and felt it helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now