Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Confusion

(19 Posts)
Vickitoriana Sat 01-Mar-14 15:05:26

Hi guys,

I think i know the answer to this but i am confused as hell here... I did the baby dance on new years day and since then i have had i feeling i am pregnant.

Firstly, symptoms... Nausea, crazy arsed tiredness, my boobs are a cup size bigger but not sore, heart burn and crazy emotions. Sounds promising doesn't! However, i spotted 10 days after DTD, which at the time i thought might be implantation. So took a test and there was a faint line, but subsequent BFNs followed. I then had what i thought was a light period but the nausea continued. Then other symptoms have come on gradually since and i bleed again for a day this month, which only required one pad.

I have been feeling really crap this week, tired and sick and a bit dizzy at times. I did a digi last night which was still BFN, although when i removed the cartridge there were two lines ( this test has removable cartridges, i didn't take it apart) but research suggests this should be ignored!

Anyway, i have just done a Boots blue dye test and it had a very faint line again!? My DD could see it too, so wasn't hallucinating! The line has now faded and is barely visible!

If i am PG i am nine weeks so any ideas why the line might be so faint... I suffered a mc last year and am a little anxious about this. Also would you guys disregard the line i had just now as its virtually invisible now?

Help! smile

AuntieStella Sat 01-Mar-14 15:10:50

What the hell is a baby dance? A Voodoo spell or something like that?

But as it is more than 14 days since unprotected intercourse, a test should be reliable, and that's with ordinary use, not dismantling one.

Perhaps go and see your GP? Your body can sometimes throw a weird one for no apparent reason, or there may be tests they want to run.

Vickitoriana Sat 01-Mar-14 15:23:20

The baby dance is a polite way of saying shagging! ;)

Vickitoriana Sat 01-Mar-14 15:25:02

Oh, i didn't dismantle the digi... It's one that comes with two removable cartridges!

SidandAndyssextoy Sat 01-Mar-14 15:26:14

I think you can safely say shagging on Mumsnet. Baby dancing is a bit more dangerous.

I'd do another test and see if another line appears. If not, it is worth visiting the GP to see what they say.

CleverWittyUsername Sat 01-Mar-14 15:43:19

Can you just get another brand to check? First response or Clearblue one of those digi ones so there's no doubt?

squizita Sat 01-Mar-14 17:17:31

Babydance or bd is a phrase I learned 1st from mumsnet... I think its conception and pregnancy board slang! smile

Vickitoriana Sat 01-Mar-14 17:43:17

Thanks for confirming that babydance slang is slang for shagging. It always makes me giggle!

SidandAndyssextoy Sat 01-Mar-14 17:50:10

We all know what it's slang for. A sizeable number of MNetters find it unutterably twee though.

squizita Sat 01-Mar-14 18:16:26

Sorry sid I genuinely had no idea it was contraversial! It just seemed universal and no one objected.

Vickitoriana Sat 01-Mar-14 18:51:32

Why is it controversial?

cookielove Sun 02-Mar-14 12:50:05

My sister says baby dance (bleurgh)

Try with a first response!

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Sun 02-Mar-14 13:02:10

Use a red dye test first thing in the morning and go to the GP to discuss, might you need a blood test to confirm.

Vickitoriana Sun 02-Mar-14 13:39:31

@cookielove.. So its not offensive then, just personal preference! Well i won't apologies for not catering for that!

cookielove Sun 02-Mar-14 13:44:55

Well I thought baby dance originated from Usa/Canada and has emigrated over here! (Sister is living in Canada)

Whatever terminology you use is up to you, i'm not fussed all I care about is whether your pregnant or not! <nosy> grin

Vickitoriana Sun 02-Mar-14 17:55:29

@cookielove... You and me both. smile

Gonna go to the Dr in the morning...whether it's a baby or a illness causing this I guess its time to see someone. Might save first wee of the day and test when i get back.

cookielove Sun 02-Mar-14 18:38:36

Thats a good idea smile

PurpleWithaMysteryBun Tue 04-Mar-14 22:09:41

Any news? smile

Missingcaffeine Tue 04-Mar-14 22:41:54

It's best to test with an early morning wee as the urine and therefore hormones are more concentrated and you're more likely to see a line. Even a faint line is positive though, so sounds like you are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now