Talk

Advanced search

When did the midwife book your induction?

(6 Posts)
luluscadoo Sat 01-Mar-14 14:41:19

Hi I just wanted to ask if anyone here has had an induction booked for being overdue? And if so when was is booked?

I'm currently 41weeks 4days and I had an appointment with my midwife when I was 41weeks 1day and all she said was that I didn't want an induction and to book another sweep.

But I've not been able to book another sweep and the community midwife's have as of yet not got back to me. I was just wondering if maybe they book them really late sometimes? I'm low risk and have good movements but I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of going over 42 weeks.

Thanks

MikeLitoris Sat 01-Mar-14 14:47:45

41 weeks. She did a sweep then called the hospital and got me a date for 42+1.

Luckily I didn't need it as dd decided to arrive a few hours before I was due to go in for the induction.

luluscadoo Sat 01-Mar-14 14:52:11

Thank you for replying, I guess I'll leave another message with the midwives team to see if I can speak to someone about it.

TheScience Sat 01-Mar-14 14:54:57

If you can't speak to your midwife on Monday I'd call the hospital directly. Sounds like she's been a bit slack to me. It might be worth calling the hospital today anyway and seeing if they are aware of you and whether you can book with them.

luluscadoo Sat 01-Mar-14 15:03:41

I don't have a number for a midwife I only have a number to leave a message on that says some one from the team will get back to me. I suppose I should have tried a bit harder yesterday to get through to someone I don't think I'll have much luck it being the weekend.

I'd just feel silly calling the hospital iykwim because it's not technically an emergency and I don't want to waste there time. But I'll give the hospital a call on Monday if I don't here anything, I guess they might be able to bug my midwives team about it if nothing else.

TheScience Sat 01-Mar-14 15:09:45

It's not an emergency, but if you are 41+6 on Monday and don't want to go over 42 weeks then you are hoping the midwife will pick up your message, get on to the hospital and book you in for the next day. The hospital will be staffed all weekend so no difference to them whether you call on Saturday or Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now