Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I need some recommendation

(13 Posts)
tanyalowen Fri 28-Feb-14 19:19:49

A friend told me about iPhone app that she used when she was at her first pregnancy, but she couldn't remember the name. Is somebody using something like this/know it? Thanks! (I should be very cheap vs. Doppler)

TheOnlySeven Fri 28-Feb-14 19:36:06

I know the app you're talking about but can't remember what it was called. I tried it with DD2 but it didn't work, just loads of unclear fuzzy noise.

tanyalowen Sat 01-Mar-14 15:41:19

Thanks. More comments pls?

somedizzywhore1804 Sat 01-Mar-14 15:46:01

My baby beat? I'm 22 weeks pregnant and have this app. It doesn't work hmm just sounds like the inside if a fish tank grin

Sorry OP.

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 01-Mar-14 15:59:40

Those apps are mainly useless and counter productive.
Save your money. The last thing you want is something like that giving you false doubt, or, worse case scenario, false hope.
I'd you must get something like that, save up for or borrow a decent doppler type thing. Just remember that placental noise or even your own hb can be mistaken for the baby's hb early on, if you can find it at all, (it can be quite difficult) and in later weeks, a hb could possibly be false security. Its the pattern of the hb and other things which medics are trained to listen out for which are important.
smile

TheOnlySeven Sat 01-Mar-14 16:31:43

My baby's beat, that's the one I was thinking of. I guess it's ok to see if you can find it for a bit of fun, but I think it's dangerous as inevitably there will be some women who use it if they have any concerns rather than get checked out properly.

hubbahubster Sat 01-Mar-14 16:51:18

How on earth will a phone pick up your baby's heartbeat? Sorry but sounds like a total c

hubbahubster Sat 01-Mar-14 16:51:29

Con to me

TheOnlySeven Sat 01-Mar-14 17:26:59

It uses the phones microphone. It really is a pile of shite though grin

tanyalowen Sat 01-Mar-14 17:28:34

My friend used it instead of Doppler, I cant afford it, so I have to try it. I will download my baby's beat and update.

TheOnlySeven Sat 01-Mar-14 17:30:46

You don't have to try it, not everyone has their own Doppler you know!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sat 01-Mar-14 21:31:41

Don't get one and then cherish the special moments when the midwife let's you hear when she uses a proper doppler.

PenguinsEatSpinach Sat 01-Mar-14 21:52:24

These apps are a con. And having a home doppler ( though good for some people) has real risks/ downsides. Save your moneysmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now