Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How LATE in your pregnancy did your sickness start?

(12 Posts)
Binglesplodge Fri 28-Feb-14 14:24:14

Hi,
Just a hopeful question: so far I've made it to 7+1 without really thinking I was in danger of throwing up, and I'm beginning to hope I'm one of the lucky ones who won't really suffer from sickness. I do tend to lose all appetite by late afternoon but there haven't been any bathroom dashes.

I've seen the thread about the earliest you've experienced sickness but my question is the opposite - how late did your sickness start if you had it? Am I being foolishly optimistic in thinking I may have avoided it?!

Thanks...

Writerwannabe83 Fri 28-Feb-14 14:26:41

I started feeling nauseous at about 10 weeks and then the vomiting started at about 12 weeks.

You may avoid it, and hopefully you will, but it's still early days to rule it out grin

deelite72 Fri 28-Feb-14 14:27:26

You're being optimistic. :-) Between now and 8 weeks it will kick in. It may stop around week ten/eleven and kick in again until around week 13, sometimes 14. Everyone is different, but this is the more typical scenario. Good luck. It's a good symptom, though uncomfortable. And yes, there is the odd woman who doesn't get sick. You could be one of them but don't hold your breath. :-)

eurochick Fri 28-Feb-14 14:29:55

After about 9 and a half weeks. It has more or less gone now, at week 14.

Hedgehog1977 Fri 28-Feb-14 14:31:06

I am 10 weeks and haven't had any at all, hoping to escape it entirely!

squizita Fri 28-Feb-14 14:39:05

I started about 7 weeks. Faded about 10 weeks but nope, it's just changed it's MO and is now stealthier. Not so much mild queaze daily as OK days then others when it's "fine... fine... fine... OMG FIND A FRICKEN TOILET BLLLEEAAARRGGHHH."

DM (unintentionally) never stops with the anecdote she carried female twins and an 11lb baby a couple of years later with n'er so much as a messy burp. So you might well be lucky.

grobagsforever Fri 28-Feb-14 21:41:09

7/8 weeks both times

allisgood1 Fri 28-Feb-14 21:50:50

9 weeks this time. 13 now and very nauseated still hmm

Binglesplodge Fri 28-Feb-14 22:02:44

Thanks for all the replies: its nice to know that it's not necessarily a bad sign that I haven't been sick yet. I know sickness is supposed to be a sign of a healthy pregnancy so I'm stuck between worrying that there's something wrong and hoping I'm in the minority who will get away scot free with no puking! In a way I'll be relieved if I do start to feel sick because I'll feel like it's proof that there actually is a baby in there...

FirsttimerG Sat 01-Mar-14 07:33:57

I asked the midwife this in Thursday at my booking in appt as I have had one week of nausea and then nothing

She said to ask my mum how she was and I'm probably just lucky. My mum had no issues except with coffee.

Binglesplodge Sat 01-Mar-14 07:46:46

I don't remember my mum complaining about morning sickness but we want to surprise her by telling her in person when we see her in the Easter hols, so I can't really ask mine without giving the game away!

weebairn Sat 01-Mar-14 08:36:50

i think it was 7 weeks last time, 5 weeks this time. But fingers crossed you'll escape.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now