Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Festival lovers!

(17 Posts)
littlehelp Fri 28-Feb-14 14:18:02

Anyone attended music festival later on in pregnacy?
Was it a good experience? Or did everyone give you funny looks as to say you shouldn't be here?

squizita Fri 28-Feb-14 14:29:30

Marking place as also interested.

Although I would say f**k em provided the pregnant woman isn't drinking or stagediving. It's just being outside looking at a band! Although the lavs are rather grim so I might bring tons of wipes. grin

PenguinsEatSpinach Fri 28-Feb-14 14:33:19

I would also say it depends on where you are sleeping. it can be hard to sleep in late pregnancy even with a nice mattress and lots of pillows propping you up. I am seven months with no. 3 and no way could I sleep on a ground mat. By day two I would be miserable.

squizita Fri 28-Feb-14 14:35:23

Penguin I book the local travelodge months in advance as camping plays havoc with my back and DH's hayfever SO rock n roll. wink

PenguinsEatSpinach Fri 28-Feb-14 14:46:41

That would sooooo be my plan too! I think if it's your first pregnancy and you're used to camping, it would be easy to underestimate how hard you might find it. Ditto toilets. I'd definitely go for arrangements allowing a decent shower, quiet at night, proper toilets and some straightforward food. The loud music, dancing and walking (bar SPD) are the easy bits!

OwlinaTree Fri 28-Feb-14 15:12:47

I did festival at about 13 weeks, the not drinking was weird!! Have been a few times previously but we are old now and stay in a Travelodge, makes a big difference. No way would I have camped, it was really muddy last year and it would have been horrible worrying about falling in the mud at night.

So my advice would be go but don't camp!

mrsmugoo Fri 28-Feb-14 16:10:02

I went to about 4 festivals in my first trimester - wouldn't fancy it anything past about 20 weeks though - far too uncomfy to sleep.

ohthegoats Fri 28-Feb-14 16:44:47

I'm going to a festival at 27 weeks. But we're not camping - staying with a friend nearby. Originally we were worried about taxi costs back and forth, but obviously now we've got a free one, ie muggins here. I don't know how long I'll last each day, but stuff it, going anyway.

Petal26 Fri 28-Feb-14 16:54:38

Am hoping that this months attempt at dc#2 has worked. We managed to get tickets for Glastonbury this year after trying for years since we last went so we will definitely be going either way!
With dd#1 we camped in Cornwall for a week when I was 20 weeks gone and had a basic camp bed that was a few inches off the floor. I was perfectly comfortable :-)

Bunbaker Fri 28-Feb-14 17:02:05

I think the queuing for the toilets would be the major issue. When I was heavily pregnant I was going just about every hour.

PenguinsEatSpinach Fri 28-Feb-14 18:10:29

Yeah, at 20 weeks I could have managed a camp bed (didn't have any complications). At 32, no way. grin

MissSlackPants84 Fri 28-Feb-14 18:25:24

Im still doing gigs but I've cancelled my download ticket. Its only a few weeks before my due date and im worried about the whole camping and loo situation when im the size of a whale lol

Pixielady83 Fri 28-Feb-14 19:47:05

I went to a festival at 23 weeks in my first pregnancy it was ace grin it was latitude though which is pretty family friendly so no one blinked twice, there were people there far more pregnant than me. We took DD back the next year, she was so cute in her wee ear defenders!

Stars66 Fri 28-Feb-14 20:17:02

At 37 weeks I went to a festival for the day only, it was fun, exhausting, tiring, got my chatting to loads of wasted randoms. Pushing for toilet queues between bands was NOT fun, especially as it got dark and drunk men got even clumsier.
But it was a great last chance to have child free fun!!grin

Stars66 Fri 28-Feb-14 20:20:34

I also went to Glastonbury at 11 weeks pregnant, where I was over paranoid about falling over and as I didn't look pregnant, no one even noticed that they needed to be careful around me. It was miserable in the rain when my friends were dancing in the rain and I wanted hot cider and I ended up miscarrying at 12 weeks so should of got drunk anyway.

OwlinaTree Fri 28-Feb-14 20:58:43

It's definatly the toilets that would put me off when 37 weeks! I'm impressed stars.

littlehelp Fri 28-Feb-14 22:22:56

Thanks everyone it's just the day don't fancy camping not the state the place gets esp toilets!! I'll be about 34 weeks dc3
I have traveled to Hungary at that stage BY car lol wasn't too bad so sure I can hack a festival and bit of dancing just not to stay too late when ppl are getting rowdy and pretty much off it lol grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now