Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could a mouldy crumpet harm my baby?

(6 Posts)
Eminybob Thu 27-Feb-14 21:08:00

This morning I was eating crumpets and halfway through the first one I found a patch of green mould. I spat out what was in my mouth and obviously threw the rest away.

But, I have had a really dodgy tummy since about lunch time (but I did have a quite heavy rich lunch and suffer from IBS so not sure if it's related.)

I'm just worried about the baby, I'm not bothered if I'm sick. Could the mouldy crumpets harm the baby (I'm 18 weeks)?

Thanks.

longleggedlady Thu 27-Feb-14 21:14:34

Nope. You will be fine. Mould won;t make you sick either- it's probably just the thought of it! smile

Eminybob Thu 27-Feb-14 21:18:59

Phew ok thanks.

Now, can having an IBS flare up harm my baby? [first time mum paranoia emoticon]

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 27-Feb-14 21:20:36

It sounds most likely that you're just stressed. Can't see how IBS would harm your baby.

icklekid Fri 28-Feb-14 05:22:39

I have ibs doctors and midwives haven't been concerned for baby. Just tricky when they ask have you had any abdominal pain and I have to say yes but common because of ibs and not being able to take buscopan or similar to deal with it!

Mummytobe2014 Fri 28-Feb-14 10:01:38

I have ibs too although oddly has been so much better since coming off the pill! I have had episodes of it thru pregnancy but it wld only affect me not baby its jst uncomfortable but i too worried about this but baby is cocooned nicely!
i wouldnt have thought you would get sick from mouldy crumpet i doubt it was much! If ur concerned call ur gp for advice or mw smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now