Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HCG levels

(15 Posts)
Sparkle9 Thu 27-Feb-14 19:27:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheBuggerlugs Thu 27-Feb-14 21:18:22

At 4 weeks and 1 day my level was 216. Its meant to double every 48 ish hours so yours sounds about right.

If you do a Google lots of women have had the exact same thing as you and its turned out fine. I know the hell that is waiting for a scan though. Keep as busy as you can.

Sparkle9 Thu 27-Feb-14 21:36:31

TheBuggerlugs Thu 27-Feb-14 21:41:55

One thing that has helped me after 3 miscarriages and a round of IVF is using the clear blue digital tests to see the conception indicator rise. Be warned though they can cause more mental torture than they're worth and they are not cheap. I've only got a 3+ today as its the first time I dared test and I'm 6w+2d.

Sparkle9 Thu 27-Feb-14 21:48:59

TheBuggerlugs Thu 27-Feb-14 22:48:23

Hopefully the time will fly by for you. thanks

Sparkle9 Sat 01-Mar-14 07:28:15

Sparkle9 Sat 01-Mar-14 07:28:43

Sparkle9 Sat 01-Mar-14 07:29:27

inmybelly Sat 01-Mar-14 09:17:22

I've become obsessed with HCG recently!!

According to lots of websites:
At 4 weeks, 5 - 426 is the normal range
At 5 weeks, 18 - 7340 is the normal range

So your figure is completely normal according to that! Yay!

The babymed calculator is really good for looking at how 'normal' the rise in HCG is because they plot it on a graph for you.

I felt a bit disappointed by my 72.1% rise, but it turns out that's completely normal too

And from chatting to a few ladies on this forum about their figures, it's not the most reliable test anyway. It's just an indicator.

When is your scan? They're doing a 6w1d scan for me on weds. Im pretty nervous!

Sparkle9 Sat 01-Mar-14 09:32:39

addictedtosugar Sat 01-Mar-14 09:54:09

Blood HCG and urine HCG levels can't be compared, so doubling your blood levels to get a urine level 2 days later won't work.

The HCG ranges at any stage are very wide. The only true way to know if the pregnancy is progressing is to have a subsequent blood test 48ish hrs later, and make sure it is at least 66% higher.

The fact that they haven't asked you back for this is good news - they are not concerned about the pregnancy.

Good Luck for the 11 march. Hope you get a lovely fluttery heartbeat.

highlove Sat 01-Mar-14 09:58:53

One HCG level isn't really that helpful - the range for normal is so huge. What matters is that they're rising appropriately. That means roughly doubling every 48 hours. But...I know mine were 104 at four weeks exactly so probably would have been lower than yours at 4+6 and I'm now 39 weeks.

I know how hard it is not to worry when you've tried a long time, but sounds like everything is just fine. Best of luck. And step away from ClearBlue - they are notoriously inaccurate, will vary hugely depending on the strength of your wee and are, IMO, a fast track route to sending yourself even more mental.

Sparkle9 Sat 01-Mar-14 10:30:30

addictedtosugar Sat 01-Mar-14 17:45:33

Urine levels are affected by hydration levels, and time since you last urinated. Its strongest first thing in the morning when your urine is most concentrated - hence early tests being more accurate first thing.
If urine was an accurate test, they wouldn't bother taking blood to do the analysis!
Although both increase as the pregnancy progresses, the urine level can also be affected by how much you drink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now