Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Being induced 2moz!!!

(11 Posts)
jessandalfie Thu 27-Feb-14 18:58:45

I'm 38+4 and I went for a routine appointment at the midwife this morning and my bump was measuring quite small and ive been having reduced movements so she sent me to triage an they have decided to induce me at 12 2moz... im soo nervous and excited to meet my princess.... experiences plz

VJONES1985 Thu 27-Feb-14 19:01:30

No advice but good luck! I'm also being induced at 38 weeks so will be interested to hear experiences.

jessandalfie Thu 27-Feb-14 19:11:04

How far are u now? I was induced with my son but only because my waters had been gone for 24 hours so had the drip but will be having the tablet 2moz x

VJONES1985 Thu 27-Feb-14 19:25:25

I'm 15 weeks but will be induced because I have type 1 diabetes.

Nevercan Thu 27-Feb-14 19:28:32

I was induced with my first and just to try and set your expectation it could start things quickly or it might not. In my case it took 3 days to induce me so it was a slow process. Hope it is quicker for you. How exciting grin

jessandalfie Thu 27-Feb-14 22:09:32

I hope it's quick to im sooo nervous got butterfly's don't think I'll be able to sleep even tho I need as much sleep as I can x

anothermrssmith Thu 27-Feb-14 22:44:25

I'm diabetic and was induced at 38weeks. I was dreading it but it was ok. As nevercan says it can go quickly or can take days thankfully I went reasonably quickly. Had first dose of gel at 11am,after lieing down for an hour started walking about and pains started about 1pm. Examined at 5pm and NOTHING had happened. By 9pm was in agony examined and was 1cm. About 2.30am felt the urge to push,examined and was 4cm. Moved to labour ward and examined again when I got there at 3.30ish and was 8cm! Tried to get an epidural (she was still high up and was told to expect it to be a while) but ran out of time to get it placed,midwife had to push the 'epidural man' as i called him out the way, she was out at 4.30am exactly.

Keep walking about if you can, I paced my room for hours, even when in agony with contractions, and I swear that's why she came out so quick and inhale all the gas and air they'll let you,it's brilliant stuff I was pretty stoned by the time she was born, lol!

Best of luck for tomorrow smile

jessandalfie Sun 02-Mar-14 16:41:50

My princess was born yesterday at 19.07 weighing 6 pound exactly she is just perfect labour wasn't too bad smile

CristaBell Sun 02-Mar-14 21:45:54

Congratulations x

jessandalfie Sun 02-Mar-14 22:39:15

Thankyou x

hartmel Mon 03-Mar-14 04:27:30

Congratulations!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now