Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

earliest pregnancy symptoms

(23 Posts)
flipflopsonfifthavenue Thu 27-Feb-14 15:57:56

what were yours?

Pregnantberry Thu 27-Feb-14 16:37:23

My really early symptoms which prompted me to POAS were period like cramps, constipation and my stomach kept making loud and weird lurching noises. The cramps and noises went away by 6 weeks.

This was soon followed by loss of appetite which progressed into MS.

It was only later on in the first tri for me that I became very tired and needed to wee a lot.

inmybelly Thu 27-Feb-14 16:43:53

Constantly erect, painful nipples

MrsMonkeyBear Thu 27-Feb-14 17:35:13

Earliest were sore boobs and (sorry if tmi) lots of discharge. Couple of weeks on and I now have nausea and hideously tired.

amy246 Thu 27-Feb-14 17:46:07

I was so so tired! When my AF was due I had period pains but it never started. I POAS when I was 2/3 days late smile

CuttingOutTheCrap Thu 27-Feb-14 18:28:16

Sore boobs, very gurgly stomach, (tmi) pooing more and being quite burpy!

Feels like there should be something more significant though! I'm 6 weeks with dc1 today and would almost welcome morning sickness to make it seem more real (I know I'm being daft!)

scrufhead Thu 27-Feb-14 18:30:17

killer boobs & constantly tired. x

Heatherbell1978 Thu 27-Feb-14 20:29:43

Really tired then at about 5 weeks the nausea in the mornings started...I also started smelling everyone's breath which I'd never done before! I didn't notice my boobs hurting until a few more weeks down the line.

BlueberryPoppy123 Fri 28-Feb-14 02:38:52

I knew I was pregnant as I was getting really strong period like pains only they felt a little higher... I tested when I would have been 4 weeks negative, then at 5 weeks I still had stomach pains and the nausea started thought I could have a sickness bug as lots was going around still I tested again, negative. At 6 weeks my period was definitely late cramping was here and there still nausea came and went retested, negative! Then 6weeks 5days breasts started to hurt retested negative AGAIN! However retested with first pee of morning and got my positive finally at 6w6days! Sorry for the story but I'm so happy I finally know I like to share...

Now the tiredness has started, food aversions and craving water!

MooseBeTimeForSnow Fri 28-Feb-14 02:48:44

An expanding stomach! Looking back I had a really bad head cold, which I now understand can be a symptom. I also had sore boobs but put that down to staying at a friends house for a while (ours had sold and we were about to emigrate) and I thought her wash powder was disagreeing with me!

x0gawjus0x Fri 28-Feb-14 07:56:31

I had a strange feeling in my stomach when I led on my belly, I'd never ever had that before and thought it was weird (few days before af was due) then I had sore nipples only for the first time ever, normally my boobs would swell and be all sore but it was just my nipples, I took a test before I was due and every one said pregnant x

AnnaBanana25 Fri 28-Feb-14 07:59:38

I was TTC 2+ years so didnt properly know. For me earliest symptoms were extreme tiredness, being slightly irrational/hormonal, and feeling like I had this horrible flu/cold. Took a test just because it was what I usually did around that time and holy Frick, I was pregnant!!!!

StrawberryMojito Fri 28-Feb-14 08:01:30

Extreme thirst, inexplicably couldn't finish a glass of wine, strange tugging sensation in lower abdomen. All of these before my period was due and before I even suspected I was pregnant.

DGLLB Fri 28-Feb-14 08:02:40

TMI but lots of white creamy discharge blush

I didn't get a BFP until I was 6 days late

7 weeks in I'm always tired & have nausea unless I eat something, gone completely of tea & I use to drink alot of it!

Lagoonablue Fri 28-Feb-14 08:05:52

Very sore breasts, well before aF due, then needing a wee a lot. AF due and suddenly I knew.

ladymia Fri 28-Feb-14 14:02:24

I started getting pregnancy insomnia at about 35 weeks. first and only symptom (except the growing bump and bum!) i ever had

QueenFaerie86 Fri 28-Feb-14 14:32:16

I tested positive today after period was 2 days late and I have been so dizzy and nauseous for two full days. Got period type cramps and slight
Back ache. Boobs sore and heavy for last week and nipples erect and darker! Full week of insomnia and crazy thirst!
4 weeks 1 day and I feel like utter shite already!

eurochick Fri 28-Feb-14 14:36:29

Impantation cramps and feeling "odd" about a week after egg collection (equivalent of ovulation).

LeslieKnope Fri 28-Feb-14 14:39:25

One single really short wave of nausea as I was walking DD to school.

My period wasn't due till a few days later. Did a test and bingo.

squizita Fri 28-Feb-14 14:45:19

Twinges on the side I ovulated. 2 days light brown spotting not my actual period. Constipation.

ohthegoats Fri 28-Feb-14 18:13:38

Sore boobs when lying on my front in bed, weird taste in mouth, feeling a bit sick, constipation (really odd for me) and generally not feeling 'right' - tired etc. The night before I finally worked it out, I lay in bed before going to sleep with my heart RACING like mad.. very weird, the next day I worked it out and was reminded of all these things. I thought I had a bug.

cookielove Sun 02-Mar-14 16:37:53

In both pregnancies nothing to note, although thinking back to the few days before I tested I was incredibly emotional when I am not usually.

In my first pregnancy I was ttc, so just tested when af was due. Bfp that ended in mmc.

This pregnancy we weren't ttc as we were waiting for genetic test results. Huge shock! but very pleased.

Good luck smile

Doctorbrownbear Sun 02-Mar-14 22:30:40

A warm, flushed feeling with red cheeks
Bit of a bad stomach
Super power sense of smell... I smelt a mans breath from about 10feet away as he was walking past me!
Period pains which obviously weren't really period pains...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now