Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Aaarrggghh I'm so hungry!

(5 Posts)
AnnaBanana25 Thu 27-Feb-14 14:57:45

Just that, really! Ive always enjoyed food and am not/haven't been overweight, but I am finding that nothing during the day satisfies my hunger. I'm only 23 weeks, so don't think I'm meant to be eating for two?! At the mo I'm trying to much on fruit, both fresh and dried, cereal bars, sandwich and crisps for lunch, etc... But soon after anything I eat, I'm hungry again! Help! I'm turning into a crazy hungry pregnant lady!!!

Tell me about your experiences... And is there any magical healthy food that will satisfy me?

Boogles91 Thu 27-Feb-14 16:48:03

Not that i know of lol im 20 weeks and unlike you i can barely eat food, im put off by nearly everything sad although i havent been able to est much throught my pregnancy so far my babys actualy quite big 0.0 and hes healthy so im happy smile i have the odd day where im ok to eat but genrally alot of the time food is a no! Do you wake up absolutley starving every night by any chance? Its really disturbing my sleep, as if the toilet trips arent enough i wake up starving! The midwife has said aslong as i have a lil something and drink plenty im ok.

LucyB1 Thu 27-Feb-14 16:57:33

I'm the same. 21 weeks and nothing fills me up. Asked my midwife about this 'not needing extra calories till the last trimester' thing and she told me it was nonsense. Like you i am not overweight so there really is no need to worry. I am also trying yo eat fruit and cereal but can't stay away from chocolate and carbs!! Going to be the size of a house by the time I give birth I'm sure!!

PrincessWatermelon Thu 27-Feb-14 17:07:56

Eating some protein will fill you up for longer. So meat, pulses, eggs.

AnnaBanana25 Thu 27-Feb-14 18:12:05

Hmmm, meat and pulses, I'll give it a try, thanks!! I ended up having two chocolate muffins to keep sane, whoops. Ill call it a blip.

Boogles, oh dear! I hope you begin feeling better soon. In the first trimester I had terrible aversions! The hunger doesn't strike in the night I'm afraid, but I wake up so many times to go pee, and when I lie down again the heartburn hits... Agh! If its not one thing its another, ey?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now