Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Totally shattered

(7 Posts)
Abster15 Thu 27-Feb-14 11:54:29

Hi,
I've just taken today off of work because I feel totally shattered I'm 10+4 pregnant but just couldn't get out of bed this morning.

I now feel really guilty for work.

Anyone else taken time of for tiredness?

Abbey x

Missingcaffeine Thu 27-Feb-14 12:55:06

I went into work one day totally exhausted, and in retrospect, I wished I had called in sick, as I ended up just crying in front of people at work, as I was just too tired to do the job. Don't feel guilty. Sleep is really essential, and you can't function at work if you're not getting enough.

Abster15 Thu 27-Feb-14 13:12:14

Thanks for your rely, it's hard not to feel guilty, being told your pregnant it's not an illness! But sometimes you have to ignore people and listen to your own body.

LePetitPont Thu 27-Feb-14 19:31:06

I've not had to take a day off yet at 10+4.... But can totally see it would be a must-do if you wake up feeling like poo. Unfortunately my exhaustion hits about 4 once I am there and with loads of stuff still to do most days. A particular low point was writing notes to my boss at a 4.30 - 6 meeting with lots of senior colleagues as I thought that if I opened my mouth to speak I'd pass out or be sick!

Hope you feel more alive soon smile

PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 27-Feb-14 19:32:41

Sadly it is really, really common.

You have to really prioritise sleep. Go to bed at 8pm if you need to. It's the only way to get through sometimes. smile It does tend to lift in the second trimester.

ROARmeow Thu 27-Feb-14 19:41:57

With my first pregnancy (my son) I was sooo tired all the time until about 16 weeks when it 'lifted' and I felt more like my normal self. I used to walk home from work, at about the stage you are at now and almost be sleepwalking by the time I got through the door.

MummytoMog Thu 27-Feb-14 19:59:39

I'm so tired I want to cry most of the time and I'm only 10 weeks. Sadly extra sleep difficult with builders in the house, two toddlers, a full time job and a husband who thinks it's totally fine to sod off on business trips every weekend this month. I'm going to bed the minute the kids are asleep tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now