Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not hungry at all in the first trimester

(8 Posts)
Sanoie1 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:20:16

Hi, i love my food but at 6 weeks pregnant im literally not hungry. Im eating sensibly and regularly but its a struggle. Has anyone else experienced this? I ate like a horse in my first pregnancy!

Dazedconfused Wed 26-Feb-14 21:30:14

completely the same, I'm at 9 weeks and has gotten a little better but think my stomach has shrunk a little because now when I eat am full almost immediately.

it's good you are managing to eat. I had to keep reminding myself

lj123 Wed 26-Feb-14 21:33:41

I'm currently 14 weeks an I'm very selective about what I eat.
My first 6-8 weeks consisted of a lot I fruit!
Your body will tell you if you need more.

Justtrying Wed 26-Feb-14 21:38:54

I'm a full time foodie, but when I was pregnant really struggled until about 15weeks. Felt nauseous and bloated all the time. Only managed peanut butter on brown toast and clear chicken noodle style soups. I actually lost weight. I worked on the fact provided I took a multiple vitamin with iron and drank some milk i and the baby would be ok. Come the 2nd and 3rd trimester I ate pretty much normally, craved wispa chocolate and toned down the spice in curry due to heartburn. Dd now 2.5 never harmed her.

CristaBell Wed 26-Feb-14 22:08:19

I was also the same, I've always had a good appetite but during the 1st trimester I couldn't finish any of my meals. My appetite picked up during the 2nd trimester but now I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy I feel constantly full and eating makes me feel uncomfortable.

Although offer me some chocolate and I won't say no smile

squizita Thu 27-Feb-14 09:23:30

Yep. Nevermind eating for 2 I'm eating for 1/2. Bland childish things like cream of tomato soup, crisps, pasta, crackers, babybel type cheese. The only thing I'll eat a lot of is green veg like spinach.

I used to be a greedy curry-lover who hated bland.

Spadgey Thu 27-Feb-14 09:25:32

I think I survived on a cheese and onion pasty a day from cooplands for a while. I ended up loosing weight during my pregnancy as I felt sick at the beginning, got turned off lots of food and felt full very quickly!

Sanoie1 Thu 27-Feb-14 23:19:50

Thanks ladies. Good to know its all normal x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now