Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tiredness in third trimester

(8 Posts)
CrepeFoofette Wed 26-Feb-14 18:44:41

I'm 31 weeks (first pregnancy) and just so tired - far worse than in the first trimester. I'm used to being very active, lots of exercise and always on the go etc but now I'm such a drip! Wake up in the morning (after getting up three times in the night to pee), I walk the dog for an hour and after that it's a struggle to get through to bedtime at 9.30pm without a lengthy nap. Things like hoovering and food shopping really take it out of me. I'm not even at work during the day now. My iron levels are very high so I'm assuming it's just one of those annoying pregnancy things. I just feel so pathetic. Have other people experienced the same? Thanks! thanks

Ratfinkle Wed 26-Feb-14 18:55:43

I am nearly 31 weeks and have cut down my morning dog walk to max 40 minutes, and even that wipes me out. 20 mins is more ideal for me so when the nights get lighter I will be splitting the walk into two, one in the morning one in the evening.

I have two days off a week and do all the cleaning etc, it totally exhausts me! Being at work sat down all day is easier but I get swelling! Lovely.

I think its par for the course and will only get worse. If it's anything like last time I will soon start waking up early. Can't wait for that!!

grin

Ratfinkle Wed 26-Feb-14 18:56:17

Sorry not to be more positive...

CrepeFoofette Wed 26-Feb-14 20:01:37

Ha! Thanks Ratfinkle grin

bouncysmiley Wed 26-Feb-14 20:05:59

Not just you! 31 weeks and finishing work soon. Exhausted and get out of breath/ dizzy easily. I can't wait to finish and be able to have an afternoon nap on days when dd is in nursery!

BartBaby Wed 26-Feb-14 20:35:56

Yep same here aswell. 34 weeks and the thought of doing the shopping or putting the washing out or anything really is just awful. I found out last week i was anaemic and got given some iron tablets but i cant say ive noticed any difference. Luckily my ds is at school full time and i can have a nap during the day otherwise i just dont know how id get through the day!

Misty9 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:48:58

Same here. 34 weeks and it's just hit me this last week or so. Feeling very tired and grumpy, and looking after 2.5yo ds is really taking its toll now. Annoyingly though, I get second wind at 9ish and therefore don't go to bed early enough! Not that I get much bloody sleep anyway..

Peacenquiet2 Thu 27-Feb-14 11:38:11

Hi op, youre certainly not alone. Im dead on my feet right now, 38 weeks and moving house into an unfinished new build this wknd! I have 2 dc that are 7 and 3 and the 3 yo is being very demanding atm. Im due a section in 12 days and dreading it as soo much will still need doing in the new home.
Im also suffering from pg insomnia not helped by the 3yo waking several times a night as hes unsettled due to house move and new sibling being imminent! Aaaaaaarrrrrhhhh!

Anyway probably not what you needed to hear but i feel a tiny bit better for having a rant. All id suggest is if this is your first dc rest as much as you can in the days as you dont get that free time on subequents dc's. Dont stress about things like house wirk that can wait and put your needs first while you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now