Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

On bed rest, bored, miserable and close to tears

(7 Posts)
yummystepford Wed 26-Feb-14 16:36:47

I am 25 weeks today and on Saturday after feeling ill for the second day I went into labour. I was given steroids and drugs to stop the contractions and transferred to a different hospital incase I did give birth this early. I came home last night. I'm still in pain and feel very tired, rough and achy. I keep getting constipated and then not constipated which isn't helping. And still having mild irregular pains. I'm obviously very worried and I do not feel capable to doing much more than getting up to go to the loo. I can't focus on tv or a book and it's starting to make me feel low and depressed, I am on anti depressants. But I am so fucking bored, I want to go to the local craft shop and buy some knitting supplies to keep myself entertained but I think even getting dressed and in the car might be too much for me today. No real question just want to rant (and cry) xx

diamondlizard Wed 26-Feb-14 16:38:42

Sorry to hear this. Ive been there too so I know its tough esp when your so worried
could someine go to the craft shop for you your dh or a friend?

Armadale Wed 26-Feb-14 16:43:20

Gosh that sounds very tough indeed, poor you thanks

What have they said about the bed rest? Is going to the craft shop in the car feasible health wise but just feels like it would be too much stress, or are you supposed to be on actual bedrest?

How about googling some knitting designs for when you are more yourself, or maybe choosing knitting projects on pinterest- that way if you get distracted between images, you don't lose the thread the way you would with a book or tv.

If you can get iplayer on your computer, have a look a radio 4, when I'm really stressed I often lie down in the dark with one of their plays or book of the week on, it helps me to quieten my head.

Hang in there

SuburbanSpaceperson Wed 26-Feb-14 16:54:09

There are quite a few UK based online shops that do a fairly quick delivery. I've had a good experience with Deramores and Wool Warehouse, and I've heard great things about Sconch, Black Sheep Wools was pretty slow though. While you're waiting you can footle about on Ravelry or Knitty and look at patterns, or maybe go onto YouTube or buy a class on Craftsy and learn a new technique.

I hope all goes well for you, one of my friends was on bed rest with twins from really early, about 22 weeks I think and it was boring as hell but she got to 37 weeks and the twins are now happy, healthy 8 yr olds.

yummystepford Wed 26-Feb-14 16:57:43

I was told to take it easy, not told to go on bed rest but I get pains just from walking upstairs. I never had anything like this in previous pregnancies and both were born after 40 weeks Dp has to go food shopping and sort dinner and stuff, will probably force him down the craft shop tomorrow and start re watching desperate housewives from the start! Dp is looking after me but he's busy doing all the stuff I would normally be doing so I can't complain but feel almost as lonely as when I was in hospital.

dammitsue Wed 26-Feb-14 17:03:11

Get on amazon for next day delivery crafty items. This will fill this evening and then you have crafty stuff for tomorrow.

Tiptop32 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:25:10

I second deramores - delivery was exceptional and its free delivery over £25. Am currently sat crocheting a blanket - me too am bored as mobility with pgp is rubbish... Hope things get better for u op xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now