Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movement. Trying not to panic

(12 Posts)
mostlyconfused Wed 26-Feb-14 15:36:36

Hi

I'm 36 + 4 and have noticed reduced movement. It happened earlier in the week also. After 2 days I contacted the midwife who sent me to the hospital to get a trace done on the heat rate. If course, the minute they strapped the monitor on , he started dancing all over the place! The mid wife did day I shouldn't have left to so long before coming in.

Again today I have noticed very little movement since I got up at 9 o'clock this morning. There is some movement, just not what I'm used to. I don't know whether I'm being completely paranoid and creaking my self out or if I should call the mid wife again.

I've tried a cold drink, chocolate and lying on my side but still not feeling too much.

I have a appointment with the mid wife tomorrow anyway. Should I wait until then?

Any advice would be good. Thanks.

CrispyFB Wed 26-Feb-14 15:38:24

It's almost certainly fine, but could you live with yourself if it wasn't? That's what I tell myself when debating whether to go in!

If you've done the usual tricks which it sounds like you have, then call them.

Remember at this stage any movement, not just kicks, counts as a movement, whether that's rolls, squirms etc - there's less room to move. However if your instincts are saying baby is moving less, then listen to them!

BEEwitched Wed 26-Feb-14 15:46:18

It's probably fine, but if you feel safer getting checked out then do it!

I was reading up on it as I'm in that stage now and was wondering what they do in my home country, and they don't really say to watch for movements all that much, it's more like 'if you haven't felt anything in two days or so, come and see me' - not worth the risk imo!

If you feel baby's movements are really different from what you're used to just give triage a ring and they'll tell you what to do.

tsw Wed 26-Feb-14 15:46:51

Always, always always go in

tsw Wed 26-Feb-14 15:48:30

Just to add I thought I was being silly and ended up losing by baby. Do not hesitate! Peace of mind is worth it too. I have had 3 ctg call ins this week and would do a 4th if I had a shadow of a doubt.

qazxc Wed 26-Feb-14 16:58:06

If you are worried always ring. No point in worrying yourself and stressing out when a wave of a doppler can take those worries away.

mostlyconfused Wed 26-Feb-14 17:59:05

Thanks everyone. He has since given some big kicks. Panic over!

BEEwitched Wed 26-Feb-14 18:42:10

Glad to hear it! Mine is going to come out cranky, whenever I think he's being too quiet he's getting poked until he pokes back....

allisgood1 Wed 26-Feb-14 20:34:06

GO IN

Teabird Wed 26-Feb-14 21:27:01

Always always go in, things will most likely be fine but why sit at home worrying yourself silly! I went in 4 times in the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy and the midwives were great. They all said over and over again they would rather see a lady 100 times and things be fine than the alternative. Im very sorry for your loss TSW x

MrsSpencerReid Wed 26-Feb-14 21:32:56

Please always go in if you're worried, like you, I had reduced movements, went in and as soon as the monitor went on felt kicks, was much relieved, was sure I'd be sent home, partner went to work, 2 hours after start of ctg DS was born, DP nearly didn't make it and we spent 2 weeks in hospital, it's not worth the risk

MrsSpencerReid Wed 26-Feb-14 21:33:23

I'm so sorry tsw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now