Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else have a retroverted uterus that tilts towards the sacrum/bowel

(15 Posts)
EmilyJane86 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:47:51

I was told by a midwife that I had a retroverted uterus that tilts towards my bowel after she did an emergency scan on me. As I've been getting a lot of pain. The pain has radiated down my back to my sacrum and I struggle to walk standing straight. I'm in week 8 of pregnancy and I'm worried that my uterus may not pop forward like it should. I was not surprised by her diagnosis at all as I've always suffered from painful intercourse. opinions or experiences on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Rockchick1984 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:52:30

I have a retroverted uterus, was told by midwife that once it pops out of pelvis (around 12 weeks) it becomes the same as any other uterus.

EmilyJane86 Wed 26-Feb-14 12:01:09

When are you 12 weeks? I'm hoping mine pops out but read horror stories about it not doing so and women having miscarriages due to this. Did you get any pain?

Strongecoffeeismydrug Wed 26-Feb-14 12:17:11

I have and have had 3 babies.
By about week 13 it just falls forward and becomes the same as everyone else's grin

Rockchick1984 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:00:30

I'm 39 weeks with DC2 and never had a problem, wasn't told it was even possible that it could cause issues.

kissmyheathenass Wed 26-Feb-14 13:02:43

I have this and have had 3 healthy and straightforward pregnancies and babies.

EmilyJane86 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:06:46

I'm glad to hear all this positivity. Fingers crossed all is well.

KaddiA Wed 26-Feb-14 13:40:39

I also had one diagnosed at week 5+4, I had 2 early scans because of painful cramping (no blood), cramping went by week 8ish. I'm now 22 weeks pregnant. The ultrasound technician told me and said it was relatively common especially in tall women and not to worry about it.

MummytoMog Wed 26-Feb-14 16:17:28

Mine is very retroverted and popped forward with no fuss in both my previous pregnancies. It did retrovert again after delivery though. Sadly. I also have hideous periods and painful intercourse.

Shellywelly1973 Wed 26-Feb-14 16:26:46

I've just had my 6th dc & I have a retrovirus womb.

Never caused any problems.

Only time it's been an issue is during smears.

Fairypants Wed 26-Feb-14 16:34:59

I have one too and no-one even mentioned it during my first 2 pregnancies (no complications). I only discovered it during a scan after 3rd pregnancy ended in mc when dr explained it to a student she had with her - just explaining why the scan looked different no link or possible link with the mc was mentioned. Currently preg again and no probs so far.

RaRa1988 Wed 26-Feb-14 16:50:47

Mine's severely retroverted. Means early scans have to be transvaginal, but it tilted upwards at around 12wks when it does for most people and I haven't had any problems with it - touch wood! 25 weeks tomorrow smile

Shellywelly1973 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:30:49

Retrovirus??? Retroverted! Lol...

MrsMarigold Wed 26-Feb-14 17:36:14

I've also got two healthy children and it was retroverted both times and I transvaginal scan for both at 12 weeks.

lucyfluff Wed 26-Feb-14 18:43:19

Mine is acute too...had three healthy pregnacies and after a miscarraige last year/scan they advised me of it.

Pregnant again now and needed internal scans until 12 wk scan when it had popped forward.

The consultant mentioned it would give me awful back ache/muscular pain before 12 wks and during periods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now