Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Craving sweets and nothing else.. 37 weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
ILoveDHIDo Tue 25-Feb-14 23:46:57

So I've been eating haribos and other sugary 'goodies' for the past few days and I can't stop!

I'm worried that this will affect baby's size etc but the craving is too strong to ignore!

Anyone else craved sweets during this time (and gave in) and ended up with a perfectly healthy baby?

PandaFeet Tue 25-Feb-14 23:50:12

I craved sweets throughout my first pregnancy. And I gave in throughout too.

I gave birth to a healthy 9lb2oz girl.

I craved sweets and fatty foods and fizzy drinks during my second pregnancy and gave in.

I gave birth to a healthy 7lb14oz girl!

Jolleigh Tue 25-Feb-14 23:52:04

I've not seen the 'end result' yet as I'm only 36 weeks but I've been craving high-calorie foods for days now after a full pregnancy of wanting pineapple and fruit juice. I can't imagine a few days of eating utter shit a bad diet this late on would be too harmful unless you're suffering from GD.

ILoveDHIDo Tue 25-Feb-14 23:56:07

ahh thank goodness it's not just me!

I personally do not mind giving birth to a 'big' baby but as long as she doesn't get diabetes or something from all this sugar!

I'll finish this last pack of haribos and tell DH to stop buying them for me haha

Jolleigh Wed 26-Feb-14 00:03:03

I've had 3 daim bars today. 3 packs of crisps. 6 Ferrero rochet. Some breakfast biscuits. 2 bottles of irn bru. And a very small quantity of gnocchi with pesto. I flat out felt sick at the thought of a salad, despite having had such healthy cravings right through. In comparison, your haribo probably doesn't look so bad wink

HannahG315 Wed 26-Feb-14 00:04:02

I was exactly the same t'other week, but how it's cheesey things....

My mother always says you crave what you need, maybe you just need a surgery boost??

Midwife told me today she reckons my boy will be about 7lbs but not to worry because we're designed to carry what we can.

HannahG315 Wed 26-Feb-14 00:06:42

We have a HUGE tub of UFO sherbets... On more than one occasion I'm ashamed to say I ate so many my tongue hurt but I continued until I was sick... At one point I was just tearing them open for the sherbet alone...

Bet you feel better about yourself now! Haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now