Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnant or not

(9 Posts)
tonianita Tue 25-Feb-14 22:34:58

I need some advice. I have done a clear blue test 4.5 days ago it said 2 - 3 weeks pregnant. I went to the doctor with a bottle of my urine. She dipped her own pregnancy test stick in and said it had come out with a weak positive and hence i was miscarrying (chemical prengnancy). I then went and bought another clear blue test and a boots own brand. I dripped both in the bottle and both come up positive. The clear blue still at 2 - 3 weeks adn the boots with a clear pregnant line. I am worried about what to think. I am 45 - i know that is old but can anyone help me.

LastOneDancing Tue 25-Feb-14 22:43:14

Im not a medical person and I dont want to get your hopes up but From what you've posted here, I'd say your dr is possibly talking bollocks.

Different tests have different sensitivities and even different batches show different strengths of line.

Have you had any sign of AF? Any reason to think the dr is right? How late are you?

CristaBell Tue 25-Feb-14 22:47:51

Hello, I'd say pregnant by what you have said. I read a thread on here recently and another lady had the same issue. Apparently the NHS use really cheap pregnancy tests that aren't as sensitive as the ones you can buy. Good luck x

tonianita Tue 25-Feb-14 22:53:41

Thank you for your comments. I am two weeks late. The stress is really making me ill as i suffer from anxiety.

tonianita Tue 25-Feb-14 22:55:31

What is AF?

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 25-Feb-14 22:56:09

fwiw The twice i've been pregnant i've waited til a week overdue af then had a 'weak' positive. As in second line barely visible. And that's on the super duper expensive sensitive tests. Hope that helps. Xxx

CristaBell Tue 25-Feb-14 23:02:45

AF is short for Aunt Flo.

Try to relax and not get to stressed, I know that's easy for me to say but you don't want to make yourself ill.

x

CrispyFB Tue 25-Feb-14 23:16:00

It's really really common for doctors' tests to not be as dark as ones you can buy nowadays as CristaBell says. If Clearblue says 2-3 weeks, that's a decent amount of bHCG in your wee.

GPs especially can talk such bollocks when it comes to pregnancy - some (obviously not all, some are fantastic!) can have really fixed opinions based on old textbooks or their own limited experiences and refuse to consider anything else. Can you get a second opinion, or rather, see a different GP?

Good luck!!

CristaBell Fri 28-Feb-14 17:31:35

Hi tonianita how are things? Did you get a second opinion from the doctors? I hope all has worked out well. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now