Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bugaboo bee or cameleon???

(18 Posts)
Timeee Tue 25-Feb-14 18:46:46

Which stroller should I go for???
As I am pregnant with my 1st, can't really decide which option is better...
If I buy bugaboo bee then I will probably get a jogging stroller like bob or mountain buggy.
And if I get a cameleon then I am thinking of getting a light umbrella stroller like Maclaren later on.
So bee with jogging stroller or cameleon with umbrella stroller???

Namethischildplease Tue 25-Feb-14 18:54:53

Where do you live and what is your lifestyle like? Do you have lots of storage? Do you use a car a lot? Public transport?

Namethischildplease Tue 25-Feb-14 18:54:53

Where do you live and what is your lifestyle like? Do you have lots of storage? Do you use a car a lot? Public transport?

Timeee Tue 25-Feb-14 18:56:25

living in a small flat...
Just worried bee has a such a small wheels and not sure if I can use it from birth :-$

blackteaplease Tue 25-Feb-14 19:02:59

The bee is suitable from birth, it lies almost flat and if you pad it with a blanket it will be flat enough.

Why do you need big wheels, are you planning much offroading? It has really good suspension, is lightweight, easy to steer and has a massive basket. Mine has been going strong for 4 years and 2 dc.

Why would you need two pushchairs if you live in a flat, do you have the storage space?

Namethischildplease Tue 25-Feb-14 19:08:43

The bee is fine from birth with cocoon. Don't really understand the rationale for the second buggy with bee either?

Namethischildplease Tue 25-Feb-14 19:08:43

The bee is fine from birth with cocoon. Don't really understand the rationale for the second buggy with bee either?

Namethischildplease Tue 25-Feb-14 19:09:25

Sorry about double posts. ggrrrrr phone.

Timeee Tue 25-Feb-14 19:09:48

just it's my first and have been overly precautious...
I heard it from somewhere that bigger wheels are better for newborns head. I was gonna use jogging stroller for first 6 or so month and offroading and then use bee for the rest.

Namethischildplease Tue 25-Feb-14 19:13:18

I think that would be a waste of money tbh. If you want a big buggy with a carrycot then get the cameleon.

Timeee Tue 25-Feb-14 19:16:39

Yeah... still can't decide but I better stick with one! Thanks!

Jemimapuddleduk Tue 25-Feb-14 19:24:13

We got the cameleon and its been amazing.it's done lots of dog walks including off road. Don't think you would need anything else unless perhaps you are going abroad and worried about the damage on a plane. We bought a really cheap buggy for this. Have you looked st the buffalo? It's the newest bugaboo and I think designed for off roads.

Namethischildplease Tue 25-Feb-14 19:33:55

Also, if you plan more than one child, think about your needs later. I know an awful lot of people who spent a lot of money on a cameleon/bee/whatever, only to find that two years later it didn't fit their needs and they were spending lots again. We loved our bee and buggy board, but others feel that they need a double.

hubbahubster Tue 25-Feb-14 19:51:09

Get a cheap stroller and buy a more expensive buggy when you know what your needs are would be my advice. Or don't bother with a buggy at all at first - DS went in sling or car seat for the first few months of his life when travelling!

Inglori0us Tue 25-Feb-14 20:16:30

Cameleon is great but it takes up a lot of room. I keep mine in my car.
Bonus is you can use the carry cot instead of a Moses basket and it's easy to carry baby upstairs in it without waking them.
We did get a small maclaren for nipping out to places where we'd need to fold the buggy, or needed space in the car boot and for holidays. My maclaren said suitable from 3 months but my dd was too small for it til about 5 months.

beginnings Tue 25-Feb-14 21:11:17

My cameleon is on baby number two (I have an out and about double nipper for when I'm out with the two of them). I love both my pushchairs. That said, I don't use buses, only trains. Neither of them are bus or particularly Tube friendly.

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Tue 25-Feb-14 21:12:34

Neither get a stokke xplory - all else fails in comparison grin

rootypig Tue 25-Feb-14 21:18:19

I used a bee from birth (with cocoon) and DD was brilliantly comfy and snug. She slept in it endlessly. Ime it's better than a travel system, because she it comfortably in the flat cocoon til 7 months - ie could be flat far longer than a carry cot style travel system. She is 16mo now and I have never needed anything else.

Small wheels are only an issue if you want to use on bumpy ground, they don't cope at all. But in a city, with a small flat, the bee is truly unbeatable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now