Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone had an easier 2nd pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
k4mi Tue 25-Feb-14 14:51:37

Hello,

Currently TTC DC2 and after an early miscarriage a few weeks back am now petrified my 2nd pregnancy will be much much harder than first. Forst time around I had it easy, slight nausea/light headedness / a few headaches and that was pretty much it until labour (back to back and awful). Anyhow pre my early miscarriage I felt pretty awful, was only 5 weeks pregnant and felt like I wanted to vomit most of the day / head ache / exhaustion. I am now petrified that If I do get pregnant again it will be much much harder...anyone got any good stories of the opposite? I am not sure how I would cope as I've just started a new job and wondering if I should delay trying for a few months although I don't want to as DC1 coming up 3yrs....

Interested to hear how others have found it?

Namethischildplease Tue 25-Feb-14 14:56:21

I found it harder. But more because you have another child Iyswim. So no big lie ins, being looked after, doing nothing once mat leave starts etc.

Not sure you can avoid that short of waiting until no. 1 leaves home.grin

k4mi Tue 25-Feb-14 14:57:52

I know! You're right should just get on with it...we want 3 as well so got to go through it at some point. DC1 is v well behaved and a joy to look after so I know I can't complain. More worried about work than anything but I guess it's not everything!!

thereisnoeleventeen Tue 25-Feb-14 16:03:31

I'm not sure if they are easier as such but the pregnancies certainly go faster each time and I have more distractions so when I am feeling rough I possibly don't always notice it as much. I get morning/all day sickness each time but I've been outside more with my later pregnancies, the fresh air helped. I'm defiantly more relaxed each time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now