Talk

Advanced search

Are these movements?

(14 Posts)
Banana82 Tue 25-Feb-14 14:16:25

I just wanted to check that what I am feeling and am presuming is movements are right! This is my first baby so have no previous knowledge to go on.

I am 23+3 and have an anterior placenta and was beginning to worry I hadn't felt my baby move yet (I posted a post a week ago about whether or not I should buy a doppler!)

So over the last few days I have had quite a few times were I have felt like a bubble pop really low down, below my belly button along my pubic bone, always in the middle. Its not a series of pops which I have read is what is feels like but just the one pop at a time. Like when you have wind but I have the pop and no wind! Is this my baby? I don't want to get excited if it isn't!

purplemurple1 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:21:56

I think so, mine felt like ideas being flicked from the inside like you might flick the top of a kids ear in the old days when that was allowed!

Time to get excited ith

Casmama Tue 25-Feb-14 20:54:21

Sounds like it, just above the pubic bone was where I first felt it too.

Bridezilla3521 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:59:36

Sounds good to me! It felt like bubbles popping for a while and then as I got to the latter stages it was a bit more forceful! I had anterior placenta too.

Notfastmainlyfurious Tue 25-Feb-14 21:04:38

I'm 23+2 today! I would say the popping was movement that's what I felt a few weeks back. My lo is a bit more forceful but this is my third so I felt things far earlier this time.

212smj Tue 25-Feb-14 23:24:15

Yes my first movements felt exactly like that!x

livingzuid Wed 26-Feb-14 06:22:56

Sounds like movement smile mine felt like someone randomly popping bubble wrap. I just got the odd one or two never a series. It's much more frequent now but back then it was very random. How exciting for you!

buttercrumble Wed 26-Feb-14 06:39:09

Yes that's it , enjoy it's a lovely feeling .

DitaVonCreamTeas Wed 26-Feb-14 08:14:18

Yup, bubbles popping, popcorn popping, or little (painless) elastic band flicks. smile

Yes that sounds exactly like how mine started, really low down, under my belly button in the middle and one 'pop' at a time, not a series of pops.
I've been feeling the movements for about 3 weeks now and I really can feel them more and getting stronger each day.
It catches me by surprise sometimes, it almost felt like that weird feeling in your stomach when you are on a roller coaster and your belly 'goes' at first but its such a wonderful feeling smile

qazxc Wed 26-Feb-14 08:45:08

definately sounds like it, my first movements (also have anterior placenta) felt really low down.

Banana82 Wed 26-Feb-14 09:21:38

Thanks for all your replies! I feel reassured now after worrying I wasn't feeling anything after what felt like ages since my anomoly scan! grin

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 26-Feb-14 09:25:36

I would be amazed if what you are describing is anything else!

Such a lovely feeling! I still miss it and my youngest is 8!

ziggletttwiglett Wed 26-Feb-14 13:10:11

Im only 18+3 and I keep feeling stange bubble pop and pushing/flicking sensation sometimes in different spots sometimes in the same place. Have been noticing it more each day.

I keep telling myself its not the baby moving because from what I've read its still a little early! But after reading this maybe it is! How exciting smile

Hope yours is movements! I can't wait to know for sure! I'm not aware of the position of my placenta yet but hopefully find out in a couple of weeks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now