Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Odd question about growing bump

(6 Posts)
dontsqueezetheteabag Tue 25-Feb-14 14:13:45

I work in an office and I am 16+5. Bump is staring to make a proper appearance but it's rubbing on my work desk.

I think the skin is fairly sensitive at the moment but it's annoying me (A LOT) any suggestions on what I can do?

Tried moving my desk around a bit to see of that helped.... not much difference. I am worried it's going to get worse!

TIA

mrsbug Tue 25-Feb-14 14:18:32

I was advised to make sure I sat at the flat bit of my desk rather than the curved bit, I think that was more to do with my backache but the point was that if you sit at the curved bit you are forced into an odd angle as your bump gets in the way

flymo79 Tue 25-Feb-14 15:51:16

hi - I had the same. I also read that when you drive you should sit as far away from the wheel as possible (but still being able to reach the peddles) and doing this (moving seat back) has somehow helped me to sit a bit further back at my desk. Won't be long before this problem gets worse though, with a growing bump! so best to get used to it now.... good luck

dontsqueezetheteabag Tue 25-Feb-14 16:32:05

Thanks guys!

I am going to have another go at moving things round tomorrow. I will try sitting at the straight bit of my desk. If that doesn't help I'll speak to the h & s people at work. They should be able to help.

I have a looooong commute and I have moved my seat back as far as It can go. That doesn't bother me too much.

Sussex31 Tue 25-Feb-14 18:17:21

My whole desk is rounded so I can't avoid the bend! I have been quite comfortable up until now (24 weeks) but reckon I will soon try moving my chair up a few cm so my bump comes in above desk level.

mel0dy Tue 25-Feb-14 23:23:55

Have you had a risk assessment? It should recommend regularly updated DSE assessments and you'll probably need the desk raising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now